[ROM] The Eagle Has Landed!!!! - Liberty 1.0 1/11/11

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
After consistently having lockscreen problems (the touch screen would go dead and would be unresponsive) I restored my gummyjar 2.5 backup. I couldn't be happier with the performance I'm getting and its going to have to take something major for me to get rid of gummyjar. I could potentially hold onto gummyjar until we start seeing gingerbread roms in a few months.

edwards2243

Reaction score
After consistently having lockscreen problems (the touch screen would go dead and would be unresponsive) I restored my gummyjar 2.5 backup. I couldn't be happier with the performance I'm getting and its going to have to take something major for me to get rid of gummyjar. I could potentially hold onto gummyjar until we start seeing gingerbread roms in a few months.

What lockscreen problems are you having?

inkdaddy66

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my vibe notifications working. All other vibe functions operate perfectly fine. I don't get Gmail,game,or SMS vibes. Phone vibes when receiving a call as well. I even had vzw send me another x cuz I thought it was a hardware problem. Apparently it wasn't. My wife has liberty on her x and all operates extremely well. Some help here please

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

dmj111291

Reaction score
liberty toolbox

Please help im a newb I will admit and I really want to mess around with the liberty app please help me get it workin. Keeps tellin me to just uninstal.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

What lockscreen problems are you having?

Randomly my touch screen will go completely unresponsive, thus I can't unlock my phone. It only seems to go unresponsive on the lockscreen. I'm happier now though, gummyjar runs better on my phone than liberty.

Reaction score
Please help im a newb I will admit and I really want to mess around with the liberty app please help me get it workin. Keeps tellin me to just uninstal.

Liberty app? Do you mean the Liberty Toolbox from the market? Are you running the Liberty ROM? If not, it clearly states in the market description that the toolbox will only work properly on the Liberty ROM.

Jester822

Reaction score
Randomly my touch screen will go completely unresponsive, thus I can't unlock my phone. It only seems to go unresponsive on the lockscreen. I'm happier now though, gummyjar runs better on my phone than liberty.

Funny, that happened to me yesterday. I viewed it as a system crash and just restarted it. I've been on Liberty since it came out and that was the only occurence. There have been a few times where my sound stopped working and I had to reboot to get it working again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Can I install Frost on D2 or is it specific to DX ?

I had the Frost theme on my D2 for about a week, so it definitely works. Moreover, it's in the Liberty Toolbox, which probably indicates that it will work for any phone running Liberty...

redunzl

Reaction score
Black Screen after installing Liberty

Hey guys, first poster here.
I am new to ROMs obviously.
EDIT: I installed Liberty onto my Milestone 2 (which I assumed was the same as D2)

I installed Liberty2-1.0.zip per these instructions:
Install:
make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyX/2-X.X.zip
-reboot

Upon rebooting, the LIBERTY logo appears and then my screen goes blank (though slightly illuminated) then it just chills.

I have been unable to return to any recovery screens using the POWER + X, home, menu combinations or battery pull + usb connections.

HELP please!

Reaction score
Hey guys, first poster here.
I am new to ROMs obviously.

I installed Liberty per these instructions (D2 phone):
Install:
make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
-boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back "powerbutton"
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyX/2-X.X.zip
-reboot

Upon rebooting, the LIBERTY logo appears and then my screen goes blank (though slightly illuminated) then it just chills.

I have been unable to return to any recovery screens using the POWER + X, home, menu combinations or battery pull + usb connections.

HELP please!

Sorry if this is a stupid or condescending question but you said you're new, so it's probably worth covering every base starting from the beginning.

Are you sure you downloaded and installed the Droid 2 version of the Liberty ROM, not the Droid X one? The filename should be Liberty2-1.0, not LibertyX-1.0.

redunzl

Reaction score
yes, im new but not a newb.
I installed Liberty2-1.0.zip that file. thanks for the quick response.
im dealing with black screen of death here.