[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid 2 11/04 - Its Time For A Revolution!

chiv65

Reaction score
Rom is solid, but Google Music keeps FCing on me when I try to stream music from my music account...though it will let me download the music to the phone and play it then.

Also try enabling adds. I had the same issue. I removed the Google Music that came with Liberty3, then installed one from Market. After that enable adds in Rom Tool Box and it should be fine.

Funky D

Reaction score
I wonder if the issues with speakerphone could be resolved by using the Blur media gallery apk from the D2? I'm guessing the version included is from the X...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. As long as you're on revs gb cm7 based off the ota. Just wipe data cache and dalvik. Mount and install liberty. No need for gapps

CM7-11/18

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
I'm still having problems waking the phone occasionally after a reboot - everything loads as normal, but the screen stays dark when I try to wake the phone. Buttons light up, so it's not totally dead, but the screen stays dark. If I pull the battery and reboot everything is back to normal. Using Ondemand governor, so Interactive is not the problem.

Any ideas?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've gotten that at one time or another with every rom I've ever used. Its a pain! Especially if you're using ondemand. That is very strange

CM7-11/18

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
I've gotten that at one time or another with every rom I've ever used. Its a pain! Especially if you're using ondemand. That is very strange

CM7-11/18

Yeah - I hope I can get it figured out, since the reason I switched to this from CM7 is because I just couldn't take the freeze-ups caused by the camera on CM7. I don;t need to switch to a new ROM only to have it freeze on me.

Only seems to happen when I reboot, which is manageable.

On a side note, I can't get Android Overclock to install the various alternate governors - anyone have any ideas on that?

Johnnyb

Reaction score
My wife has finally asked me to root her phone. I did that and borked a steeldroid install. I SBF'd back to 2.3.20 and installed Liberty 1.0...now I'm stuck at the boot image (moto-M). It's not looping at all. I saw people here commenting that the OTA'd from 2.2 and rooted then installed...I thought I could save a step by SBFing to 2.3 in the first place but that doesn't seem to be working.

Can anyone tell me if I have to SBF ro 2.2 or am I missing another step?

mattv111

Reaction score
Rom is solid, but Google Music keeps FCing on me when I try to stream music from my music account...though it will let me download the music to the phone and play it then.

This happened to me on liberty that ran on the leak. Try turning adblocking off

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mattv111

Reaction score
My wife has finally asked me to root her phone. I did that and borked a steeldroid install. I SBF'd back to 2.3.20 and installed Liberty 1.0...now I'm stuck at the boot image (moto-M). It's not looping at all. I saw people here commenting that the OTA'd from 2.2 and rooted then installed...I thought I could save a step by SBFing to 2.3 in the first place but that doesn't seem to be working.

Can anyone tell me if I have to SBF ro 2.2 or am I missing another step?

The sbf 2.3.20 isn't android 2.3. After you sbf go to settings>about phone>system updates. Then you be on gb ota

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

xandor

Reaction score
Also try enabling adds. I had the same issue. I removed the Google Music that came with Liberty3, then installed one from Market. After that enable adds in Rom Tool Box and it should be fine.

I tried loading the one from the market to no effect, but I didn't try turning on ads. Will give that a try, but am looking to get the nexus soon...if Verizon ever starts selling the damn thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
V 2.0 is in the ROM Toolbox, but I can't dl it - keep getting a 404 error. Anyone else?