[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droidx 11/02 - Its Time For A Revolution!

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty 3
Its time for a Revolution!!!
screenshot1320290767520.png

Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
You must be on at least build .602 to install this..
This is a 1st Init based so use the proper CWM

Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31, Jurmmy16 and Syaoran12
Dev - Mobile_Sensei
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
- Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
- Lockscreen options (rotary, sliding tab and music controls)
- Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
- Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
- Root Toolbox

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

Liberty3 for the DroidX 1.0

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16

Screenshots

screenshot1320290783053.png
screenshot1320290805109.png

screenshot1320290751496.png
screenshot1320290836301.png

screenshot1320290819162.png
screenshot1320290907389.png

jasadell

Reaction score
Exciting! Can I upgrade from or LibertyX-RC1.1 to Liberty3X-1.0Gold directly?

Last edited:
OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yes.. there should be no need to wipe date... but if you run into issues, wipe data then see if the problem persists before posting it

jasadell

Reaction score
yes.. there should be no need to wipe date... but if you run into issues, wipe data then see if the problem persists before posting it

Heh. I actually reread your original post and so edited my own post to retract the question regarding wipe/factory reset. You were too quick for me. I ended up doing the factory reset after all. The installation went without a hitch. I'll beat on it all day today. Great job as usual!

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Heh. I actually reread your original post and so edited my own post to retract the question regarding wipe/factory reset. You were too quick for me. I ended up doing the factory reset after all. The installation went without a hitch. I'll beat on it all day today. Great job as usual!

kk :) have fun

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I upgraded from RC1.1 to Liberty 3 v1 and I'm not seeing the Liberty Customizer. I only get lockscreen options in Settings -> Liberty Settings.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I upgraded from RC1.1 to Liberty 3 v1 and I'm not seeing the Liberty Customizer. I only get lockscreen options in Settings -> Liberty Settings.

Try wiping data please and report back

jasadell

Reaction score
Works Great!

Clean install, and zero issues with DX. Excellent work! Google Sync and Titanium Backup (in that order) are real time-safers when it comes installing new ROMs after wipe/default. Is it me, or does this ROM seem to be smoother than it's predecessors?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Still nothing. Any other suggestions? If not, I'm cool with it the way it is. It would be nice to have the customizer but isn't going to kill me.

Very strange!! Are you sure you are installing the one in the link??? does you defaulted screen look like the one in the screenshot with the smoked glass search widget?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Very strange!! Are you sure you are installing the one in the link??? does you defaulted screen look like the one in the screenshot with the smoked glass search widget?

Nope, I installed from Rom Toolbox. The background is similar but not exactly the same. I'll try the linked one and see if that works better.

bkendrick

Reaction score
Flashed LIB 3. Great so far! Fast! I installed the first DX CWR(not the 2nd-init) and I can't get into recovery. When I try it just stays at red "M". Battery pull fixes it. Tried usb debug on/off but no go. Ideas?

DX. CFU. LIB 3 1.0

maximus4

Reaction score
Hats off to this amazing rom! Its really good! I do have one question for the devs, after install, the market reinstalled rom toolbox pro, which left me with 2 rom toolbox icons, the adware one with a borderless icon, and the donate one with a bordered icon. I checked it out in rom toolbox and noticed the pro is version 4.05 and the ad supported version is 4.06. How can I have only the pro version and have it be the latest version? Thanks again for reinventing the Droid x (again) :)

EDIT: I ended up uninstalling rom toolbox (ad supported) thru app manager in rom toolbox (pro) and all is well!

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great ROM. Its nice to have the Customizer back. This also plays very nicely with Boot Manager

Boot Manager