[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.2.0 [DEV]

Yeah it gave me a mount error. But i asked in the thread and the OP said that it has something called SIAM and its not compatible with droid. And that his next release which will be soon, will be compatible.
But wait, how did u get it to work? How do i manually mount it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This also happens to me

This seems to be an issue w/ MIUI this week. Some people have fixed the issue by changing notification drop down from single page to custom.

Mags
This is just getting better and better.
Recommend you guys check out the boot animation through the theme manager online, for Android3.

Also I have found that sometimes when downloading a theme it will fail. You must delete the prior attempts found in the list of downloads in the downloads app. Otherwise you can get multiple fail attempts.

Chewy
Way to go. I think I mentioned switching to dynamic and you followed the book, and did the exact opposite of what I say. That's how 3 of my classmates got into Harvard.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

The last three builds or so the browser has been force closing way too much. I don't know if it's the heapsize, newer browser or what? It's a shame cause it I really have taken a liking to miui for the fact that it was the only gb rom that the browser would work for me. Anyone else having lockups, force closes with their browser?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

The last three builds or so the browser has been force closing way too much. I don't know if it's the heapsize, newer browser or what? It's a shame cause it I really have taken a liking to miui for the fact that it was the only gb rom that the browser would work for me. Anyone else having lockups, force closes with their browser?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD
I was with last weeks build, this week initially was better, but still multiple fc's. I changed the heap size to 40 and downloaded dolphin mini , with better results.

Yeah it gave me a mount error. But i asked in the thread and the OP said that it has something called SIAM and its not compatible with droid. And that his next release which will be soon, will be compatible.
But wait, how did u get it to work? How do i manually mount it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What recovery are you using? I am currently using RZR and to manually mount all you have to do (in RZR, not sure about CWM) is go to mount options>mount system, and then back up to the main screen and install the mod

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:
So, I am BRAND new to MIUI; been mostly a Liquid ROM guy. Wanted to try something new. So, just flashed MIUI for the first time last night. Very impressed. I had happened to notice several posts regarding MIUI and Google Voice requiring the setting 'Third Party Access' enabled. So I was prepared for this, being a GV user and all.

Funny thing... on v1.9.2, it WAS enabled (Set to "On") and GV did NOT work. I finally though, eh, let's try disabling Third Party Access (set it to "Off"). Now my GV works. I'm confused, but whatever. Is it just me?

Since most things are translations of Chinese, you can't fully assume that the translation is 100%. As opposed to a Romance Language where literal translation is much easier as they share a common root, Latin, and common alphabets for the majority.
This is usually the case for languages with completely different characters like many of the Asian languages, Cyrillic alphabet, Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, Pig Latin and Klingon.

Mags uses Cyanogen as the base which makes certain things somewhat similar to liquid and other stuff completely different.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

I can confirm this. Just clicked 3rd party to off and gv works

So,

Funny thing... on v1.9.2, it WAS enabled (Set to "On") and GV did NOT work. I finally though, eh, let's try disabling Third Party Access (set it to "Off"). Now my GV works. I'm confused, but whatever. Is it just me?

Okay so i reflashed MIUI v1.9.2.0 and i try to restore my apps with MIUI Backup but when its at mid-start my phone bootloops non-stop until i wipe and reflash again. Pretty big issue, Does anyone else get this problem? Looks like im going back to Tibu as it has never failed me.

Did you restore system data with miui backup also? I get bootloops when I restore system data, but not app & data

Only thing you can restore with miui backup without bootlooping from system is the homescreen layout.

Try apps + data & homescreen data only and see if that works

Back