[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.8.26.0 [DEV]

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Does anybody know if I use SetCPU on this ROM if it will supercede the existing kernel overclock? I have no idea where the current overclock is setup so as to either modify it or shut it off.

Nevermind. I found the answer that SetCPU will work.

Last edited:

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I'm having a weird issue. Airplane mode toggle is switching on randombly leaving me without service. Is hella weird issue

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My phone does this as well, but without actually highlighting the toggle, airplane mode will kick on for no reason. I have to reboot to get data back because nothing else I try gets it back.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
mag,

I tried wifi on another network (at my job) and no disconnects after 8 mins of surfing the web/txt/streaming music. I would've usually gotten at least 1 drop/reconnect on my home wifi by that time...i couldnt really stay that long in our wifi area to test more thoroughly...

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, tried 3x but still won't go, works without Chevy's kernel but way too sluggish. The kernel has worked fine for any other rom I've ever flashed though. So maybe MIUI + Chevy's kernel =0?

I've had this same problem too. I suspect it's 1 of 3 things.

The kernel is not compatible with the ROM.
The kernel is not compatible with your android version (Froyo vs. Gingerbread)
The kernel is no longer compatible with your phone.*

*I believe that overtime with OC the Droid, may cause the internals of the device to change a little. The cpu may not be able to handle 1.1 Ghz any more. I remember when I was OCing to 1.2 Gigs using Simply Stunning 4.X, but now I can't get it about 900Mhz running SS 5.4

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had this same problem too. I suspect it's 1 of 3 things.

The kernel is not compatible with the ROM.
The kernel is not compatible with your android version (Froyo vs. Gingerbread)
The kernel is no longer compatible with your phone.*

*I believe that overtime with OC the Droid, may cause the internals of the device to change a little. The cpu may not be able to handle 1.1 Ghz any more. I remember when I was OCing to 1.2 Gigs using Simply Stunning 4.X, but now I can't get it about 900Mhz running SS 5.4

I'm running chevyno1's 1100 MHz mv kernel on SS 5..5 (2.3.5) without problems. It's the same kernel I've been running for at least a couple of months now. Also, works with any other rom I've ever ran besides this one. It works on Droid concepts and sourcery which are both froyo. It has also worked on project elite, steel Droid, liquid gingerbread, cush2push, and of course SS which are all gingerbread roms. So for some reason, this kernel does not like MIUI.

chewy74

Reaction score
MIUI is like DWB...very eccentric. Things that would make sense to others, do not apply to MIUI (& DWB)...they both see things through a different, more colorful lense.

I have chevy's medV 1100 running smoothly on 1.7.15 & on 1.8.19 but it will break my wifi on 1.8.26
so go figure.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
MIUI is like DWB...very eccentric. Things that would make sense to others, do not apply to MIUI (& DWB)...they both see things through a different, more colorful lense.

I have chevy's medV 1100 running smoothly on 1.7.15 & on 1.8.19 but it will break my wifi on 1.8.26
so go figure.

I love DWB's posts, lol. Using boot manager, I haven't tried this on my phone rom yet but to troubleshoot, I think I'm going to have to. Alot of roms have been sluggish for me with the boot manager app but flashing a faster kernel usually helps but it just gets stuck at the M with this rom.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Just tossing another kernel on the barby, chew, have you ever tried one of corcors v3 med 1100?
I use that on a different CM7 base rom, perhaps it's so crazy it just might work.

Also, no shock but every OG is different, so don't be dissuaded from chevy mv 1100 on this build as I have been without a problem.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Is a2sd enabled by default w/o having to configure it? I ask because I decided to give up and use link2sd but it is telling me it can't use the ext2 partition because the resource is busy.If I go to menu> settings > system > sd card settings, under A2SD+ it says Total Space = 458MB and Available Space = 426MB. So 32 MB is being used for something! If it does turn on by default will it automatically move apps and the dalvik cache to the SD?
The build will automatically mount the ext2 / ext3 partition on your sdcard. The scrip a2sd needs to be run once to create the necessary links so that the os knows apps that are on the sdcard are there. It will also setup so that future apps will be installed on sdcard as opposed to the phone memory. As far as making sure the modules are loaded per DWB, I have modified the mounting scripts from CM7 so that they are automatically loaded, no need to worry with that. (Already on top of things DWB).Since it is showing up as space in your about phone, the partition is there and mounted correctly. The only weird thing is that you can't run the script a2sd. I think I know what went wrong with the previous command I told you to run. You need to 'su' to get root. Then run 'sysrw' to set the system partition as writable. Then run 'ln -s /system/xbin/bash /system/bin/bash' Then you can set system back to read only (so nothing bad happens to it) with 'sysro' Then try running a2sd.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
this would (or could) possibly return to me a different ip address forcing me to reconfigure all devices connected to my home network correct?
This shouldn't give you a different IP address. It should just cause the router to refresh the connection with the phone more often.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am not sure what is happening, but regardless of the browser I use it force closes without warning after oh probably a minute or so browsing. I am on Miui.us. build 1.8.26.0 , haven't changed anything , but unable to use browser for more than a minute. Apps that access the internet such as Droidforums, FML , etc.. work properly and don't hang or force close. I have tried unsupercharging , running a few different scripts, tried disabling swap etc.. same results.
This is another strange one. Does the behavior happen on 3g as well as wifi or only 1 of them? What browsers have you tried?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Mags
The mount and insmod script tweak is awesome, was that in this build and I just missed it?
If you would, on next release could you add ext4 to the auto module loading, that would be amazing!

Guys who are having browser closes, have you tested things like upping vm heap on build.prop or lowering compcache % or no compcache? Also if you are using the supercharger to alter the settings based on supercharger that Mags implemented, I think it could also be a factor.
I say that only because I have never used supercharger, other than what any devs insert, and don't get browser closes for the majority of use.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

nu2droid

Reaction score
Been having the broswer issue. I have tweaked the heap + & -. Seems to work good at 32 for me. Also, I installed the dolphin lite browser... been sweet. Thanks to the one who reminded me of it..

Loving the droid... again.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
WOOT on the MMS fix! Now I can finally try MIUI again! Last time I tried it was in 2010 or a very long time ago.

mjh68

Reaction score
This is another strange one. Does the behavior happen on 3g as well as wifi or only 1 of them? What browsers have you tried?

Yes, regardless of whether it's 3g or wifi. I have tried Opera mobile browser, Miren, and then Dolphin HD mini and I had the same experience on all of them.

I recently reverted back to a few froyo builds, Ud 2.5 and a rooted stock rom from Pete and the browser was fine on all of those build.