[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.12.30 [DEV]

Ozzie

Reaction score
I did notice the Miui team stated there is still that nagging issue...they don't seem motivated to correct it.
Too bad...Miui is one of my daily drivers...

Durandgir

Reaction score
How stable is this build? is the radio issue still present? it's been a while since i've been on MIUI

GreenRaccoon

Reaction score
How stable is this build? is the radio issue still present? it's been a while since i've been on MIUI

I'm not exactly sure what you mean cause this is the first MIUI ROM I've installed. My online radio app works fine though.

Durandgir

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you mean cause this is the first MIUI ROM I've installed. My online radio app works fine though.

I meant the radio in the phone, there's been nagging cdma issues on the latest builds

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The reason I haven't released any new builds since the 1.12.30 build, is because China has changed the cdma code. I am told that cdma in China is slightly different from the states. I am not sure why they are making all the changes because all of their current devices are gsm. But anyway, the changes have messed up ports that use cdma. The builds work fine, cell service and data work, but the signal bars in the top notification bar do not show up correctly. Instead of 1 signal bar that shows 3g, there are 2, one labeled 1x and another labeled E. Because of that, I haven't released any builds since 1.12.30 even though I have them. The gurus at miui.us who normally hunt around and solve those types of issues have been busy w/ life and work since the holidays and haven't really had a chance to do that. Most of their time has been invested in redoing the website, which is going to look really good btw, and transitioning builds to v4 of miui. As far as GB builds, if you look at the change log, you will notice that China hasn't been doing much to those builds either since that last build for the D1. There have been a few minor bug fixes in a few devices, nothing specific to the Milestone / D1, but maybe 1 or 2 software glitches. I think the GB builds of MIUI are about to stop development or at least only receive minor bug fixes as the devs move on to working with ICS. Obviously the D1 will probably not be making that transition. I am looking at the latest stable version for the milestone (2.3.7c) to see if I can get another build for the D1 out that doesn't have the signal bar issue. It will probably be the last release, but definitely not positive on that. As far as work for me, porting to the D1 is almost 100% automated at this point, but MIUI China has thrown a wrench into things at same time as they are moving on, and probably leaving the Milestone (and thereby the D1) behind.

BTW, if you guys would like the latest development builds, I can release them easily, just be aware of the notification signal bar icons will not show up correctly. I had some testing done to them and cell and data reception worked fine, so they are fully functional.

Last edited:

AFX

Reaction score
So, what's the deal with the virus that was reported? I've downloaded and scanned it with Avast and Malwarebytes and neither detected anything, but I'm still worried about flashing it.

Durandgir

Reaction score
So, what's the deal with the virus that was reported? I've downloaded and scanned it with Avast and Malwarebytes and neither detected anything, but I'm still worried about flashing it.

I'm curious about this too, I already flashed it though lol, but I did google it and apparantly a lot of the recent builds for multiple phones had the trojan in them also

GreenRaccoon

Reaction score
I meant the radio in the phone, there's been nagging cdma issues on the latest builds

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

To be honest, I never knew that there was a radio on my phone. :shocked-b: I'd never thought about using local radio on my phone before.

I just installed TuneIn Radio and local FM radio's working fine working fine.

GreenRaccoon

Reaction score

I don't have much experience with Android malware, but I couldn't find anything bad in the downloaded file. I scanned the .zip file with avast! (free) and ClamAV, but they didn't find anything. Then I unzipped the file and scanned it on virustotal.com, which uses around 40 different anti-malware engines. There's a 32MB limit, so I zipped up some of the folders and uploaded them separately. I scanned the whole ROM this way though.

I checked the download site on virustotal.com too, and it was safe. I scanned my SD card with avast, just for good measure, and that was fine too.

I've seen reports of avast! and ClamAV catching DroidKungFu on virustotal.com, so I'm pretty confident that it's not there. I'll update once I run Kinetoo (which claims to be able to catch DroidKungFu) and avast! Mobile Security scans.

EDIT

Both scans found no problems. I'm pretty sure there's no malware in this ROM then.

Last edited:

KJW979

Reaction score
To be honest, I never knew that there was a radio on my phone. :shocked-b: I'd never thought about using local radio on my phone before.

It's not a radio for listening to music poster speaking of, it's a radio phone using for calls and such to communicate with wireless networks. Unfortunately no FM radio built into og droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

wrong type of radio lol...he was talking cellular radio that is responsible for calling and mobile data

Durandgir

Reaction score
It's not a radio for listening to music poster speaking of, it's a radio phone using for calls and such to communicate with wireless networks. Unfortunately no FM radio built into og droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wrong type of radio lol...he was talking cellular radio that is responsible for calling and mobile data

Yeah I meant the cellular radio lol but I can see why you thought I meant an actual radio

AFX

Reaction score
I don't have much experience with Android malware, but I couldn't find anything bad in the downloaded file. I scanned the .zip file with avast! (free) and ClamAV, but they didn't find anything. Then I unzipped the file and scanned it on virustotal.com, which uses around 40 different anti-malware engines. There's a 32MB limit, so I zipped up some of the folders and uploaded them separately. I scanned the whole ROM this way though.

I checked the download site on virustotal.com too, and it was safe. I scanned my SD card with avast, just for good measure, and that was fine too.

I've seen reports of avast! and ClamAV catching DroidKungFu on virustotal.com, so I'm pretty confident that it's not there. I'll update once I run Kinetoo (which claims to be able to catch DroidKungFu) and avast! Mobile Security scans.

EDIT

Both scans found no problems. I'm pretty sure there's no malware in this ROM then.
Okay, cool. Thanks.

Flashing now.