[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.2.0 [DEV]

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
KJ
That's definitely a new one on me.

db
When you ask the above, are you referring to upon first boot your market won't sync and install the apps you had on last ROM you flashed?
If so, I don't believe MIUI is able to do that. I think it is mentioned in the OP.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

neilfruitii

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble updating apps from market with 3G. Everytime get message download size needs Wi-Fi.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Go to the Downloads app and turn off the download only using WLAN. This should take care of it -- it did for me.

KJW979

Reaction score
That did the trick, again thanks for help

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
The wifi drop and reconnect is definitely not kernel related I agree. Likewise, the build change to 2.3.5 is when the issues started.

Some kernels will give your wifi an errors message when trying to turn on. Im not sure if its the kernel or the recovery that's the cause though. Flashed same kernel and rzr gave me error and cwr did not.

For what's worth, when using LGB, when he switched over to Android 2.3.5, I started having issues with Wifi dropping randomly. Another poster also seem to think it was something in 2.3.5 that was causing the problem as they had it crop up once switching to 2.3.5. I've only been able to really test it on two networks; my home and work. At work I haven't had have issues. At home, I do. I've tried two different routers. Using the Verizon provided router with my FiOS service (Actiontec) as well as my personal Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 using dd-wrt (used only as an AP). Now, I am using static DHCP leases being served up from a WRT54GS also running dd-wrt. So, I don't think it is the router serving up the Wifi itself, but I guess I need to try a different DHCP server.

For me, it doesn't seem to be kernel related -- it has happened across multiple kernels.