[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.9.9 [DEV]

zachdroid

Reaction score
Okay cool, I'll give it a try later on this morning. I guess I should still stick with ClockworkMod over RZR? I like RZR way more.

I totally prefer rzr too but I like miui so I use cwr to flash miui and I go back to rzr to flash anything else after initial install. Hopefully magi the magician will determine what's up with the rz issues in the next release or so. Until then we have to deal with cwr. Sucks but miui is worth it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

zmaster

Reaction score
If anyone is using RZR, report if you had any issues flashing this release.

Hi Magiman

I am using RZR for last 6 month flashing only your ROM's. never had any problems. nothing unusual this time as well.
Thank you

zachdroid

Reaction score
Hi Magiman

I am using RZR for last 6 month flashing only your ROM's. never had any problems. nothing unusual this time as well.
Thank you

Zmaster,

Which rzr are you using? 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.1.0?

I'm on 2.0.3 and can flash kernels but rom hangs half way through and I have to pull battery.

zmaster

Reaction score
Zmaster,

I'm on 2.0.3 and can flash kernels but rom hangs half way through and I have to pull battery.

I am using 2.0.3. installed first time after using ClockworkMod and never updated. works like a champ. ClockworkMod started to give me headaches similar to what you have now.

chewy74

Reaction score
i thought the version out for RZR was 2.0.3

is there a newer version out of in beta that i missed?

Zmaster,

zachdroid

Reaction score
i thought the version out for RZR was 2.0.3

is there a newer version out of in beta that i missed?

On his FTP there is 2.0.4 and 2.1.0. 2.1.0 is buggy though and not ready for prime time. 2.0.4 has a couple cool new features like app back up and restore and a couple others I can seem to remember at the moment

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am looking at it and not sure what the deal is with some people's recovery. The issue seems to stem from RZR, but not everyone with RZR has the issue. I have pulled the "Delete included/duplicate apps" section for next week (1.9.16) because I think that is what is causing the issue. Having it wipe /cache and /data/dalvik-cache really shouldn't be causing an issue. Hopefully there are no issues w/ flashing this Friday. There definitely appears to be a lasting bug in MIUI Backup. On an unrelated issue, restoring certain parts of system data seem to cause issues. I don't know if the bug was in previous versions and made in the backup data or if the issue is still in the current versions and occurs with restoring data, but there have been several posts about it. So when restoring data from MIUI Backup, be careful with system data, you may want to restore 1 item at a time and verify it doesn't cause a problem.

element192

Reaction score
I just flashed MIUI and a MV kernel at the same time and it booted up right away with no problems. I used MIUI Backup to restore my apps, still no problem. Thought I'd take a chance with System Data and almost immediately it rebooted and locked up. Just rewiped and reinstalled, didn't restore system data and it's been smooth for about 20 minutes now so I think I'm all good. Thank everyone who offered suggestions to get me back on MIUI! And of course, thank you, magiman for making it all happen for us.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
element
Glad to hear that you got it all working. Zach thanks for explaining that he could still flash kernels manually, as I only just got to the email with element's post regarding his confusion about not being able to try other kernels.

As for rzr issues, can't help there as I still am a cwr rom manager flunky.
What problems have people had with rm and cwr that has caused flight to rzr? Or is it more the case that you guys like the additional options rzr has?
I have only had one bad experience with rm and cwr, and that was a md5sum error which meant that the nandroid wouldn't flash.
I was bummed but figured out I just need to recheck that the sum is correct before flash of different rom or making some test tweaks.

I found a tiny app AFV(android file verification) which allows you to go to the backup folder and then the nandroid folder you just made. Once you have you have that open one of the items other than the img files is the nandroid check sum.
Hard press that and choose in dropdown "verify nandroid check sum" or something almost with that wording.
Runs about a minute and then flashes on screen "Nandroid Verification Successful " so you know that backup is solid.
If you get an unsuccessful result, just make a new nandroid.
Of course since I started doing this I have never had a sum error, but at least I feel more secure as to the state of my Nandroid.

So I was just wondering what problems others have found. I am using cwr 2.5.0.1, I believe as later versions 3+ won't allow me to backup or restore my sd-ext partition.
So if you're having problems with later cwr versions I recommend going to a yried and true recovery like 2.5.0.1
Personal preference is of course important, but success is the most important.
Any feedback on the recovery differences and what motivated the change would be very helpful to me and anyone else wondering the same thing.
Gratzi

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

DavMar

Reaction score
Mag do you have any suggestions concerning market not downloading right and gtalk fail to authorize ... tried 4 different Times miui and market just won't work... tried most of the fixes but no cigar... tried directly in rocovery and thru Rom Mgr ... always fully wiping... was going to install past release then flash over with no data wipe when get time.. any suggestions? Thanks

element192

Reaction score
Mag do you have any suggestions concerning market not downloading right and gtalk fail to authorize ... tried 4 different Times miui and market just won't work... tried most of the fixes but no cigar... tried directly in rocovery and thru Rom Mgr ... always fully wiping... was going to install past release then flash over with no data wipe when get time.. any suggestions? Thanks

Actually, I'm having this issue right now as well. Both the market and failure to authorize.

DavMar

Reaction score
I have had 0 market issues up to this point, I flash all the latest roms. Just curious as to why now.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Actually, I'm having this issue right now as well. Both the market and failure to authorize.

I found that going into tibu and wiping market data got me past the issues I was having with that sane problem.

On a side note I manually flashed the rzr 2.0.4 and was able to load tgw rom without issue. With 2.0.3 I was stuck with cwm.

zachdroid

Reaction score
DWB
I truly like the other options in rzr. I used cwm until 2.0.3 was released and the way it is set up (which is very similar) just seemed to for me better. I like, as well, that the recovery can be clocked up too. Just different strokes I guess. I had the md5sums issue on more than one occasion too which was another driving force for me too. All in all I don't mind cwm I just prefer rzr.

Zach

Last edited:

element192

Reaction score
I found that going into tibu and wiping market data got me past the issues I was having with that sane problem.

On a side note I manually flashed the rzr 2.0.4 and was able to load tgw rom without issue. With 2.0.3 I was stuck with cwm.

Titanium is telling me it can't obtain root access on my phone, never had this before. Do I need to change something in Superuser? Should I assume that "ROOT Permission" under Settings should be turned on? It's off right now on my phone and I'm guessing that's the issue. Can someone let me know if I should flip that on please? Thank you.