[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I was using my phone ALL DAY yesterday, mostly texting, a little Facebook and some other random stuff. I took my phone off the charger at around 7am, and it was at 10% around 7pm. That's pretty awesome considering how much I used it yesterday. With CM Froyo, it probably would have been dead before I left work at 4 unless I clocked down the CPU.

As good as the battery life has been pre-calibration, I'm very eager to see how much calibrating it will improve it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
As good as the battery life has been pre-calibration, I'm very eager to see how much calibrating it will improve it.

Yeah, I just calibrated mine, so It'll be interesting to see if that life improves even more. :)

Oh yeah, and I haven't flashed Jake's mods yet either, so those may help more too

Last edited:

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Ok, so my battery is now calibrated; just waiting to see what battery life looks like now.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I calibrated 2 days ago and it has helped a little, not much. Don't expect a huge difference (unless your battery stats are really screwed).

If you haven't yet, I highly recommend flashing jakes mod zip. This really does make a noticeable difference in performance.
I've been doing what his zip does for months now, but gave has to use a bunch of apps to accomplish it (systcl config, overclock etc...). It's nice to have it all taken care of with one zip. Plus, the cron support helps!

CM74D2-GB

Htown315

Reaction score
Jake says not to use Android Overclock with his script so how do you overclock? I run ulv 1.2 very smoothly so what would I gain by using his mod? As for battery calibration you wont see a gain in battery as Idopa said, all it does is read accurately. Lol my D1 battery got messed up once and it read 15% for 2 hours. As for battery on CMgb I got 8 hours until it hit 10% and 5.5 of those hours were continuous talk time, so I'd say that's pretty good.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Jake says not to use Android Overclock with his script so how do you overclock? I run ulv 1.2 very smoothly so what would I gain by using his mod? As for battery calibration you wont see a gain in battery as Idopa said, all it does is read accurately. Lol my D1 battery got messed up once and it read 15% for 2 hours. As for battery on CMgb I got 8 hours until it hit 10% and 5.5 of those hours were continuous talk time, so I'd say that's pretty good.

You don't need to oc. If you are running his tweaks it's fast! If you pair it with v6 you'll think you were running 1.4 ghz.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, found the link to jboxens zip. Just waiting for revnumbers.info to be up already. Unless someone knows of an alternate location to get the latest nightly from.

the website is going to be down for a day or 2 at least. there should be in interim build posted to the development thread a little later today.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I flashed the 8/30 build this morning, and besides the few minor bugs I've mentioned before, I'm satisfied as usual. I did notice, however, that it seemed to be running a little slow, so I flashed the jakebitesmod and that fixed it. My question is, every time I flash a new build, am I going to have to reflash jakebitesmmod too?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. Plus, keep an eye out on his thread for new versions. V3 just came out yesterday (it is a great update).

CM74D2-GB

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Yes. Plus, keep an eye out on his thread for new versions. V3 just came out yesterday (it is a great update).

CM74D2-GB

Yeah, I already have the new version.