[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

chayes627

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but is there anything special I have to do to flash the gb kernel version?

Sent from my Rover blue animated Cyanogenmod7 Droid 2

RJT185

Reaction score
Revnumbers is the main Dev for D2 specific stuff, and it seems that he will only be working on the GB kernel version.

Ok, wow, so do we know:

1) Will the official nightlies of Froyo base eventually tap out?

2) Will the GB nightlies ever go into "Official Mode" and be available like the current official nightlies?

3) Have the battery improvements made by Revnumbers for FROYO made it into Official Nightlies? Will they ever?

havens1515

Reaction score
Ok, wow, so do we know:

2) Will the GB nightlies ever go into "Official Mode" and be available like the current official nightlies?

3) Have the battery improvements made by Revnumbers for FROYO made it into Official Nightlies? Will they ever?

1&2) Yes, I think that is the plan. It may take some time for the GB nightlies to become official though.

3) I don't think so, and I don't know if they ever will. But battery on GB is much better than the Froyo builds anyway.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, wow, so do we know:

Might, but I expect they will continue for a while - they are automated so it's not like they are a lot of work to allow to continue.

Yes, that is being worked on. As you likely know, Rev is posting his unofficial nightlies here (CM4D2 unnoficial nightly links) and I would recommend those over the official ones in most cases, as Rev usually has additional tweaks/improvements not in official nightlies.

Yes, the battery patch is included in the builds that Rev is providing, both in the latest B2 release in the dev thread and in the unofficial nightlies that he is posting on his nightly site.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, flash. Go into recovery, wipe data, cache and dalvik. Install the gb leak. Reboot. Then use bootstrap to get into recovery. Wipe data, cache and dalvik. Install cm7gb. Install google apps. Reboot.
Enjoy!

CM74D2-GB

louspinuso

Reaction score
How is the battery on that version? have the camera/camcorder/video issues been fixed? it's been a whiel since I've been online and was hoping for a quick enough answer to not have to dig through these last almost 20 pages

havens1515

Reaction score
How is the battery on that version? have the camera/camcorder/video issues been fixed? it's been a whiel since I've been online and was hoping for a quick enough answer to not have to dig through these last almost 20 pages

Battery is much better, camera/video issues have been fixed. Pretty much everything has been fixed, except 1% battery increments.

Most up-to-date nightlies are at revnumbers.info but his site seems to be down right now.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's worth the jump i promise. Battery is definitely better, but jboxen has his mods zip which boosts the phone into ludicrous speed :)

CM74D2-GB

tattedupboy

Reaction score
The improvement in battery life is definitely noticeable, so much so that I'm working like crazy to run my battery down in order to calibrate it and after about 2 hours of internet surfing, YouTube video watching, Droid forums, USA Carry, Facebook, Twitter, and text messaging, I'm still at 70%. I'm a big fan of long battery life, but damn, die already! (being sarcastic, of course)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
The improvement in battery life is definitely noticeable, so much so that I'm working like crazy to run my battery down in order to calibrate it and after about 2 hours of internet surfing, YouTube video watching, Droid forums, USA Carry, Facebook, Twitter, and text messaging, I'm still at 70%. I'm a big fan of long battery life, but damn, die already! (being sarcastic, of course)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Yeah, I was using my phone ALL DAY yesterday, mostly texting, a little Facebook and some other random stuff. I took my phone off the charger at around 7am, and it was at 10% around 7pm. That's pretty awesome considering how much I used it yesterday. With CM Froyo, it probably would have been dead before I left work at 4 unless I clocked down the CPU.

louspinuso

Reaction score
Ok, found the link to jboxens zip. Just waiting for revnumbers.info to be up already. Unless someone knows of an alternate location to get the latest nightly from.