[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Obviously I was j/k guys. So far so good Brad. It looks identical to cm7 for froyo. The baseband and kernel are updated of course. Speed is nice, but my phone was screaming fast before. One crazy thing I noticed was: you know the spinning arrow in the froyo ver of the boot animation? The speed of the animation on gb is multiplied by 10. The circle spins super fast. It looks all hopped up on crack.

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems better. Its still not as smooth/stable as the Froyo version though. Understandable.

random rom'd X

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to say, mine is just as smooth. So far :) a few bugs with apps here and there, but very very stable

CM74D2-GB

Reaction score
Wow! This is amazing so far! I run cyanogen on my Droid 1 too. It's WAY better on a phone with decent hardware lol
Amazing work guys! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

RJT185

Reaction score
I'm sticking to FROYO based CM. Then doing the GB based one when root is achieved on the rumored GB OTA...or if they OTA is confirmed as false then'll I'll use the leak to get to GB CM.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's cool! Nothing wrong with that..I'm glad I checked it out though as the battery is seeming better...Have you checked out ssD2? You'll love it, based off cm7 and froy kernel as well so flash and test it out!? I loved it and personally had no probs..I dl the themed version..all of your cm7 themes will work as well..just an idea? Just something to flash while you wait? Peace!:)

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure CM74D2GB has root as I can use root explorer and droid OC, etc. Don't know why peeps think it doesn't have root.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure CM74D2GB has root as I can use root explorer and droid OC, etc. Don't know why peeps think it doesn't have root.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Idk? Are they talking about the soak ota..?? The official update?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do know that after turning my backlight up after being so used to having it minimum, the steel blue theme looks so amazing now..lol I've been robbing myself,from the beautiful themes all this time,trying to conserve battery..lol wow what a treat..well might as well enjoy it!!:)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying man. Enjoy the phone!

CM74D2-GB

Idopa!? Man,...this 28th build is sweet! Don't know what they did yet, but the speed is somehow faster...these guys need more than a donation...lol They can have my ex! :)> haha...ok nah I wouldn't wish that disaster on them..lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, you're crazy. It may be my phone, but the boot animation runs twice as fast as on froyo. It flies!

CM74D2-GB

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, you're crazy. It may be my phone, but the boot animation runs twice as fast as on froyo. It flies!

CM74D2-GB

Same here. Before it booted slow. Now its as fast, or faster than a regular GB based ROM.

random rom'd X

Htown315

Reaction score
I do know that after turning my backlight up after being so used to having it minimum, the steel blue theme looks so amazing now..lol I've been robbing myself,from the beautiful themes all this time,trying to conserve battery..lol wow what a treat..well might as well enjoy it!!:)

Hey bro can u post a link to that theme you're talking about? I found one on xda for cm7 but I get a message saying its not right for my screen when using theme Chooser. If I do it anyway some stuff doesn't work.