Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ladies and gentlemen, it appears that cvpcs has achieved the impossible: he has thrown together (but not yet publicized) a build of CyanogenMod 7 that works on the Motorola DROID X!

[video=youtube;V5ZOLEHwfZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5ZOLEHwfZA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - CM4DX Booting![/video]

Naturally, since no one but cvpcs has the firmware yet, there are still a few kinks that need to be ironed out before the ROM goes public – for example, GPS, 3G, Bluetooth, and the camera/camcorder have not been proven to work just yet. However, as our own Justin Case put it, "If it boots, it can be fixed."

Continue reading @ Android Police

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL...so it's just a brick? No GPS, 3G, Bluetooth, camera or audio?

barski

Reaction score
YEA!!! This is awesome. So glad i bought an extra Droid X!!!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Really bad video quality, but still its cool.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Zog

Reaction score
I'm definitely buying this guy a beer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

superpopmonk

Reaction score
If its for droid x its completely plausible that it could be ported to d2 right?!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
Another good thing about Cyanogen Mod on the DX is that Miui will be able to be ported. I really miss Miui since I switched to the DX.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Another good thing about Cyanogen Mod on the DX is that Miui will be able to be ported. I really miss Miui since I switched to the DX.

I have kept my D1 as long as I have because MIUI isn't ported for the DX yet, so I'm glad to hear this news as well. I don't have an upgrade until next March, and have been on the fence about buying a good quality used DX.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
big deal. there are plenty of great roms for the DX. Drewgaren makes some great ones. What makes Cyanogen Mod so great?

tb110895

Reaction score
You should update the OP because he proved the audio is fully functional as well as some of the other stuff.

This is a great win for locked moto phones

tb110895

Reaction score
big deal. there are plenty of great roms for the DX. Drewgaren makes some great ones. What makes Cyanogen Mod so great?

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but CM is compiled from source and is AOSP at its finest. It has an unbelievable amount of customization and things that you've never seen in any other DX ROM because of the bootloader being locked