[AOSP ROM] BETA CyanogenMod 7.1 Alpha Release - For Droid 3!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

Droid 3 users, CyanogenMod7.1 finally lands on your handset! This release is extremely BETA! Thanks to HashCode of XDA, we now have a way of circumventing the locked bootloader. He has developed a "2nd System" method which can install and run a rom from the /preinstall partition. This is called "Droid 3 Safestrap" Bootstrap. This Rom is not flashable in Koush's Bootstrap.

cyanogenmod-logo.jpg

This build includes all the customization options that you know and love from the CyanogenMod rom series, and is built on Android 2.3.7 source code. Being that this rom is in its Beta stage several things are not working. The Camera app will send you back to the camera application, the phone app fc's on boot, and you can only access the internal sdcard. However HashCode already has Phone dial and receive, wifi, audio, gps, 3g and much more working on this rom. This rom is already in a usable stable state (i wouldn't expect random reboots, or phone lockups).

This is great news for the Droid 3 and even the Bionic community as headway is being made on hijacking the bootloader. Never discount the awesomeness of the android community. If its locked they will find a way around it.

By DroidModderX

Check out the Thread here for the download and also for updates

mikeymop

Reaction score
Whoa. I wonder if any of this trickery can be used on the Bionic?

Lol yea I know, this makes me jealous. But since the LTE radio is hard to port to AOSP I'm afraid the Bionic wont be seeing it so soon

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol yea I know, this makes me jealous. But since the LTE radio is hard to port to AOSP I'm afraid the Bionic wont be seeing it so soon

Actually "Deodexed" and "hashcode" are making some headway on the Bionic... we may not have working lte but we will have cyanogen soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums