NEW [ROM] ICS AOSP "AOKP" for the Droid 3

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid 3 users! Earlier this week I announced the AOKP Rom for the Droid Bionic. This incredible Rom is also available for your device! AOKP developed by Romanbb is taking the Android development world by storm. The thread for the TeamKang original Rom over at Rootzwiki reached over 1million views in just a few short months! This Rom is now being ported over to many other devices. It can now be found on the Bionic, Razr, Droid 3, Droid X, and soon the Droid 4. What is so great about this Rom is the shear amount of customization options and performance tweaks! The Rom Control box has setting upon setting upon setting for you to tweak and mod to your hearts content! Developer HashCode the same guy responsible for Safestrap, CM7forD3, CM9forD3 and lots of other cool development has now given Droid 3 users another Rom choice by porting over AOKP!

This Rom is based off of Hashcode's CM7 and CM9 work, and is pretty solid! There is one thing missing and that is the camera although today HashCode did announce that the camera was fixed and he would update the download link this evening, so chances are by the time you read this the Camera will be fixed!
I did mention that this Rom is packed full of Mods. Some of the features include 4.0.3, Deodexed, 180 degree rotation, built in performance (no need for an overclocking app like set cpu), CM launcher, CM brightness bar, custom color picker for most settings, battery icon settings, battery bar in status bar, a whole list of nav bar settings, toggles in the pull down menu including 4G toggle, quad and octo lockscreens with custom apps, volume key wake, LED settings, customize carrier text, power menu for rebooting options, and tons more!

As you can see this Rom will keep you busy for a while! It is one of the best yet! and now it is on the D3!

Grab the Rom here and discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
WHOA....a fix for the camera in ICS on the Droid3. Will this be able to be applied to other phones, like the DX?

ezMesican

Reaction score
There's a zip out there you can flash on your D3 CM9 that fixes the camera. But it's very basic and only the camera works.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I'm guessing once it's ported to the X it will come to the 2 pretty quickly after. If nothing else having others working on the camera issue is great news. CM0, MIUI V4, and now possibly AOKP on my D2 FTW!