[ROM][4/4/2011]De-Sensed Das BAMF 1.3.2

Reaction score
(Disclaimer: I did not make this ROM. I'm only forwarding the info here. This ROM is made by Adrynalyne and ThatDudeButch, de-sensed by dbu.)

XDA Thread

This is DAS BAMF 1.3.2 non-themed as much as I could get it. I did this for myself but a couple people were interested so with Adrynalyne's blessing I decided to post it up for those that do not like sense. I used Go Launcher EX to replace Rosie(sense launcher) and also included the free Go SMS Pro, and Go Missed Notifications (if you want to use a different launcher you can adb push to /system/app/ or just open the ROM zip with 7zip and remove GO Launcher and replace with Launcher Pro, or ADW, etc)

IF YOU BORK YOUR PHONE, THAT'S ON YOU
Instructions
1. MAKE A BACKUP
2. Wipe data/cache/dalvik
2. Download ROM
3. Flash ROM via CWR
4. Download one of Adryn's kernels from ROM Manager (under MrBobrowitz's section) or http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1014239
5. Flash kernel
6. Be happy

Note: there seems to be a little bug with all 3rd party launchers where if you you hit the phone button and the dialer pops up, the contact list is blank and the smart dial does not work. To remedy this long press phone, select a new application and restart Launcher Pro then add the phone back, you may also have to open up the dialer and try to dial a few numbers and delete them and the contacts should appear. Not really sure why this happens.

Again, I did this for me, so I won't be offering any real support for it, and I seriously doubt Adrynalyne will either so flash at your own risk. I have been running this for a couple days and it has been working very well for me, and I will probably keep running it until something compelling is released, with that said, have fun and flash away.

All credit goes to Adrynalyne and ThatDudeButch and anyone else that had anything to do with Das_BAMF

DOWNLOAD ROM
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
De-Sensed_Das_BAMF1.3.2_nte.zip

1.3.2 Kernel Update:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Wireless Tether Fix:
http://adrynalyne.grdlock.net/bamf/patches/tether_fix.zip

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Tempting... I wonder how much faster/better this rom runs over the Sense ui stuff. The only thing that would attract me to this would be more efficiency. Still, grown to like Sense UI. But glad to see this nonetheless. Thanks for posting this Demolition Man. Half the time I try to get to XDA I can't get the page to load. lol.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I, too, am debating on whether or not I like Rosie. I sure wish it had some more tweaking options. I like the skins and profiles (Scenes), but I sure wish I could tweak a few things, such as which apps are on the bar at the bottom, and such. I'd MUCH rather have my email and SMS on the bar than the Customize option and a gigantic Phone button. Also would be nice to switch recent apps in Notifications to a power toggle bar, like is standard on so many phones. Other than these things, I'm not hating Sense nearly as much as I thought I would (aka not nearly as much as I hated Blur).

dbu

Reaction score
You will get better battery mileage without all the sense stuff running in the background...

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
You will get better battery mileage without all the sense stuff running in the background...

Blah, dangit dbu. lol. Ok, I downloaded it and am installing it now. I was hoping when I got the Thunderbolt I wouldn't root and rom every time something awesome came out :).

Yeah, it's a huge difference in size already - 168MB vs 200+ for the Sense UI version of 1.3.2. Interesting.

dbu

Reaction score

Blah, dangit dbu. lol. Ok, I downloaded it and am installing it now. I was hoping when I got the Thunderbolt I wouldn't root and rom every time something awesome came out :).

Yeah, it's a huge difference in size already - 168MB vs 200+ for the Sense UI version of 1.3.2. Interesting.

Yeah, it a little leaner. It's been running very well for me today. Normally I use Launcher Pro but I was having fun with Go Launcher today so that's what I threw in there. You can change it out if Go doesn't suit you, you can swap launchers by opening the zip, adb, or with root explorer.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Wow... I'm REALLY REALLY liking this. Loving the launcher ( was a big ADW fan ) and the Go SMS. I hated Handcent but this is actually exactly what I wanted. Everything is really smooth and I love debloated and efficient. I'm in Bolt heaven.

Holy crap, I just realized you're the one that made this. Thanks a ton!!!!!

dbu

Reaction score
Wow... I'm REALLY REALLY liking this. Loving the launcher ( was a big ADW fan ) and the Go SMS. I hated Handcent but this is actually exactly what I wanted. Everything is really smooth and I love debloated and efficient. I'm in Bolt heaven.

Holy crap, I just realized you're the one that made this. Thanks a ton!!!!!

All the credit goes to Adrynalyne and ThatDudeButch, all I did was taken the HTC crap out and repackage it, but I am glad you like it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk