RIM CEO Disses Android Devices, Saying They "are all the same"

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
bbandroid.jpeg

CEO Thorsten Heins has just taken over the reigns at RIM and he has not wasted any time insulting the competition. When asked about the incessant articles that suggest RIM should build on Android, Heins recoiled and said "Just take a look where the Android OEMs are. I leave this to you. Take a look at their recent announcements and what you will immediately see is there is just no room for differentiation because they are all the same." Those are some fighting words, and it could be argued that the Waterloo based company should be careful throwing stones while living in their glass house.

Is this a fair assessment or should Thorsten clean up his own backyard first before calling out others?

Source: Crackberry

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell this idiot all BB are the same. Hell they have ones that look like ones from 5 years ago. Ooooo they change from a trackball to trackpad. They finally put in hardware specs to match the G1. He needs to realize its 2012 and not 2007.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
and blackberries aren't? LMAO...they're just mad because they're about to lose the market to android.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
He's just scared of the Android platform. He know's Android will soon take over the world!

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

droidxd00d

Reaction score
Lmao so hypocritical coming from RIM. I can't tell any BB devices apart to save my life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

skyshadow

Reaction score
Well he's right about one thing. RIM devices are different from each other and from android. Why? Cause they all suck and fail in different unique ways! Can anyone say battery pull?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Someone should tell him that every mobile OS that's not running on a BlackBerry is the same...in that they're all blowing RIM out of the water. I'm in IT and I have one for work and even we're getting ready to switch them all out for Android devices. I've talked to other IT individuals at our customer locations and they are doing the same. RIM simply has ZERO edge anymore. It's amazing they haven't gone bankrupt and taken to hustling their phones on the street.

thc1967

Reaction score
Yet another example of a CEO who just doesn't get it. The board should fire him immediately. But they won't and he'll direct RIM straight into the ground.

meishkov

Reaction score
This dude is an absolute clown. He's just pissed he took over a failing company with no ways to regain it's previous dominance...they're done. A CEO is supposed to be smarter than this idiot tho. Hypocrite, look at YOUR company's product line before taking shots at others who are worlds above you. Your products are garbage, look like crap, could be designed by an elementary school classroom. How about creating some REAL innovation That's relevant to 2012? *
Hopefully this joke gets fired, ran into the ground bankrupt, and is never able to find another job, even minimum wage. Morons like this are the ones who end up costing hundreds and/or thousands of people their jobs cuz of his inability to think logically. What do the idiots at rim even see in this disgrace of a human to begin with? I would've just slapped him in the face during the interview!!

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

Last edited by a moderator:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, he's right....BB can't differentiate or compete on Android.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My favorite thing in the world...haters. Some people say if you wanna see how successful you are you need to count your haters, the more the merrier. And android seems to be extremely successful. First of all the windows CEO said android is made for rocket scientists (because their phones occupy .5 percent of the market). Now we have this genius from rim saying that all android devices look the same...when in fact every single argument that people get into this forum about is because of the ten different skins android devices have on them from HTC to moto to nexus to Samsung to lg and even some other brands I have no idea about. Apple is on the other end suing the hell out of every company working with Android.

And yet, android still stands on top of all devices in the market.

I love Google. Three years ago they were nobodys as far as products went. Now they took over the cellphone market pushing out all the competition, tablet sales have tremendously increased...windows will be targeted next along with osx soon as chromium comes out.

Goodbye windows, apple, blackberry losers. Welcome monopoly of Google. The only monopoly I will support.

I just love the arguments that these companies make because what they say are androids weakness always seem to be their own. Windows said android is complicated, lol have they ever used windows computers? I hate them because they're so complex. Rim saying androids look too similar....lol nothing to say to this. And apple saying android isn't innovative and is copying their style.

These companies just prove that CEOs are nothing more than complete idiots.