Rezound having trouble with connection to network. (not due to outage)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are no outages in my area and it did this last friday also. I had to call verzion last friday because I couldn't connect to the network at all, no text no data. After hours of try things the rep called my dealer and told them my phone was DOA and they were to exchange it. When I got half way to the store 3g randomly came back on. I have been good until last night I was in a LTE are so I switched from CDMA to LTE/cdma. I got no connection just iffy 1x. So I shut it down when in and trained for an hour and a half came out booted up and had LTE. Which is awesome!!

Once I left the area I dropped to 1x so I switched back to cdma only and it will not connect. I only get voice and text, with spotty 1x once in a while.

Is there an answer to this puzzle or is my phone DOA, I hope its not DOA. If it is I REALLY hope the NEXUS drops next 12/13 because I have till the 14th to exchange. If this one is DOA then I would not want another HTC.

mikeyman67

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing happened to me yesterday in Boston. I think Verizon was having a network issue. Oddly, a guy in the conference with a Thunderbolt was unaffected. Gonna play it by ear. The rep on the phone suggested a factory reset but I was traveling and didn't need the hassle.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

OP

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The factory reset does get it back, but I can't keep doing this. I had to reset last Friday right before a wedding I needed everything working for. And now another factory reset on Thursday? NO way this baby's going back. I think I'll be switching to the Nexus if its out by Tuesday.

warnette

Reaction score
The factory reset does get it back, but I can't keep doing this. I had to reset last Friday right before a wedding I needed everything working for. And now another factory reset on Thursday? NO way this baby's going back. I think I'll be switching to the Nexus if its out by Tuesday.

Did you somehow miss the news of continued national data outages?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
There is a setting in your phones menu's that can take care of this.. its a number you have to dial to get to the menu though, and honestly I don't remember nor can I find the thread. Maybe someone else can chime in, but I do recall something about seeing it while I was researching to make sure the rezound did not have dropout issues like my bionic did. Sorry I can't be more help, but maybe this will jog someone's memory enough to find the thread for you. it was something about 1x to 3g and like *'*'*'43434343*'*'*' .. something to that affect, I promise that is not it lol. other than that if your area is having a lot of issues see JNT's thread about changing the rezound over to EVDO mode :)

Phones do come out DOA on occasion, I can promise you this phone has nowhere near the issues the bionic has. The Nexus keeps getting pushed back so it launches with 0 issues like the bionic had. I think VZW is trying to be a bit more careful after that fiasco lol.

Last edited:

warnette

Reaction score
Since my reply came before the edit.....no

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

droidshadow

Reaction score
My first two rezounds had the same problem, third one works just fine. If you notice the battery cover is the antenna might be the problem?

jsoliz69

Reaction score
I had the same problem last week before the outage and a customer service supervisor told me to contact HTC direct cuz my phone was 15 days old and out of the 14 day return policy...my luck after many attempts Verizon sent me CLN and it did the same thing no 3g service on-off all day.Re-activated an old phone for the mentime and re-activated the Rezound last nigth and it working fine so far...but no one knows why it did the same problem on both phones.

mikeyman67

Reaction score
Judging from how many of us have this problem it had to of been something on verizon's network. Why only the Rezound seems to be affected is odd. Glad it's back to good. I really like this phone.
Btw... I didn't do the factory reset. I just waited it out.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

kjak

Reaction score
I went from Bionic to the rezound, specifically because the Bionic had these exact connection issues. Rezound worked flawless for 3 or 4 days, and now I'm having same connection issues as I had with the Bionic. Sometimes it just gets stuck in limbo with neither a 4g or 3g signal.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

bvjens31

Reaction score
Recent issues with Rezound also

I went from Bionic to the rezound, specifically because the Bionic had these exact connection issues. Rezound worked flawless for 3 or 4 days, and now I'm having same connection issues as I had with the Bionic. Sometimes it just gets stuck in limbo with neither a 4g or 3g signal.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using DroidForums

My Rezound was pretty stellar for about a month. But now it is clearly having data network issues. I use the mobile hotspot feature, and the EasyTether for USB, and I will frequently lose Internet connection on one of my devices, only to turn on my Rezound's screen to see NO network. Sometimes after a few seconds, 4g will come back on, but then will just turn back off. I have found that powering the phone down and doing a battery pull will resolve it for an hour or 2, but then it starts doing the same thing again. My fiance's Droid 2 never loses 3g and always has pretty decent signal, yet for the past few days my rezound has been VERY spotty. I am now doing a SIM card and battery pull for a few minutes and see how long it resolves it today.

Getting pretty annoying though, when my work sometimes depends on me using mobile hotspot and remoting into servers, and having my data drop every few minutes, forcing me to re-log into VPN and remote servers all the time. Total PAIN and is NOT worth paying Verizon an arm and a leg for. Hope they fix this.