3G/4G connection issues

Willheis

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with 4G connectivity? I have been keeping my RAZR in CDMA mode, but when I switch to CDMA/LTE in a 4G area I lose all connection to 3G and 4G, and my service even drops way down. I've tried switching airplane mode on and off, and rebooting but nothing seems to fix it. Is this a problem with the network or could I just have a lemon phone?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Network issue, same here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dualethought

Reaction score
I too have been noticing network issues. I have actually had issues with 4G connectivity and service since I bought the phone. For some reason I have missed multiple text messages from different contacts that come through to my device. I never reply because I never got the messages. Have you noticed this at all?

Is anyone else having problems with 4G connectivity? I have been keeping my RAZR in CDMA mode, but when I switch to CDMA/LTE in a 4G area I lose all connection to 3G and 4G, and my service even drops way down. I've tried switching airplane mode on and off, and rebooting but nothing seems to fix it. Is this a problem with the network or could I just have a lemon phone?

llll1lll1

Reaction score
I'm in Los Angeles at the moment and having the same problems.

1- When in CDMA/LTE setting (3G/4G on), sometimes there is no service for 3G or 4G. 3G will come on randomly.

2. When in CDMA ONLY setting (3G only), I get 3G more often, but still not 100%.

Kind of inconvenient when you're travelling. I'm glad it's not just me! (misery loves company)

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
4g just popped back up for me:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Greeny

Reaction score
Getting a good solid 3G connection today in Poland, Ohio We don't have 4G here yet so I am quite satisfied that I am getting 3G solidly. dancedroid

thejonesusmc

Reaction score
I too have been noticing network issues. I have actually had issues with 4G connectivity and service since I bought the phone. For some reason I have missed multiple text messages from different contacts that come through to my device. I never reply because I never got the messages. Have you noticed this at all?

I keep missing text messages from people also. It's not until I talk to them that I find out. It's happened with multiple people on Verizon and other carriers, so I know it isn't a problem on their end.

fellers

Reaction score
I have had problems connecting anywhere I am no matter what I have my phone on; CDMA or CDMA/LTE makes no difference. This phone has been nothing but a POS!!! I call verizon and they say replace the sim card, dont replace the sim card. Network issues; yet my friends all have steady connections all the time and they dont have the Razr! They have went as far as to tell me they are sending out an engineer to check what the frequency problems are in my area... WHAT A BUNCH OF BS! This phone is nothing more than a old flip open style phone to me. I have had it since mid november and it has been connected maybe 25% of that time!
What the heck is the deal??? No matter what I do with it, it rarely gets data connection. When it does actually connect it is maybe for 10 to 20 minutes... I need this data for work and it is just not there. So glad I spent so much money on this pile...NOT REALLY!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had problems connecting anywhere I am no matter what I have my phone on; CDMA or CDMA/LTE makes no difference. This phone has been nothing but a POS!!! I call verizon and they say replace the sim card, dont replace the sim card. Network issues; yet my friends all have steady connections all the time and they dont have the Razr! They have went as far as to tell me they are sending out an engineer to check what the frequency problems are in my area... WHAT A BUNCH OF BS! This phone is nothing more than a old flip open style phone to me. I have had it since mid november and it has been connected maybe 25% of that time!
What the heck is the deal??? No matter what I do with it, it rarely gets data connection. When it does actually connect it is maybe for 10 to 20 minutes... I need this data for work and it is just not there. So glad I spent so much money on this pile...NOT REALLY!

Mine was awesome until the update. Now my battery is crap. If they do not fix this soon they will have to surrender a Gnex. Which is the second choice for me. I was waiting to buy one but I am sure they will fix the issues, I like you, need this thing to work for full time job as well as my business. I can even understand once in a while, but the past few days this is getting worse! Idk. Time to talk to a manager in support to either resolve this or switch out and just buy a Razr when they fix the issue. I love this phone. But without at least 95% capacity I'm unable.

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

kurthpk

Reaction score
Bought mine 2 days ago. Its going back tomorrow. I live in a big city so that's not the problem. It's junk.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine has been awesome ... Like I said I was excited to see we had an update. However right after that...bam! Signal in and out. I called and of course they are telling me the story is they're working on the fix or patch and it should be pushed soon. We shall see. I can verify, mine anyway, was just about flawless until I updated. They have a few days and we shall see.....lol

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

kurthpk

Reaction score
Hate this thing

I am headed out to replace this piece of junk with an iPhone.