Network Mode Choices for Razr Maxx

Lester52

Reaction score
Hey guys.. Having problems with some calls dropping in both networks, 3G/4G LTE/CDMA and 3G GLOBAL. Last night I lost a call while in LTE/CDMA. Can I assume this may happen if your on a call with a week 4G signal and it switches to
stronger 3G signal only to loose the call during switching. I've also lost calls while in GLOBAL mode. Can someone please explain how global international suppose to work here in our country.
Will we have any other choice in JB. I really like this phone, just don't like calls dropping off.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Global is turned on by default but if I understand correctly, serves no function here in the States. Turning global off will also save battery life as well.

I've not heard of dropping a call when switching from 3G to 4G, nor have I experienced it. I have a generally good 4G signal where I live but just a few miles away, it switches a lot between 3 and 4 but I don't drop calls.

You may want to have your phone checked by Verizon and you may also want to see if they will swap out your sim card for a new one. Sometimes that can be a source of problems.

David

OP
L

Lester52

Reaction score
Global is turned on by default but if I understand correctly, serves no function here in the States. Turning global off will also save battery life as well.

I've not heard of dropping a call when switching from 3G to 4G, nor have I experienced it. I have a generally good 4G signal where I live but just a few miles away, it switches a lot between 3 and 4 but I don't drop call

You may want to have your phone checked by Verizon and you may also want to see if they will swap out your sim card for a new one. Sometimes that can be a source of problems.

David

Thanks David :) I will try another sim card and see if that helps!