Rezound won't connect to 4g, have to put on CDMA only to even get 3G

DHeuss

Reaction score
Until yesterday, my Rezound worked perfectly. No problems or complaints. However, yesterday it would not connect to any data coverage. After turning it off and back on, disconnecting data and reconnecting, still nothing. I was finally able to get a 3G signal when I put it on CDMA mode only (vs. LTE & CDMA). But once the phone sleeps it disconnects from 3G and I have to switch back to LTE/CDMA and then back to CDMA only to get it to reconnect to 3G. So something about it trying to search for 4Glte is blocking it's ability to find 3G. I have it set to LTE/CDMA, connected to data, and the phone is set on 'High Performance'. Any help please?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a 4G outage. Or your SIM is jacked. Check with Verizon, and if they lie and say it's not them. Try pulling your SIM, rebooting...replace the SIM and reboot again. It's still more than likely a Verizon issue.

OP
D

DHeuss

Reaction score
Sounds like a 4G outage. Or your SIM is jacked. Check with Verizon, and if they lie and say it's not them. Try pulling your SIM, rebooting...replace the SIM and reboot again. It's still more than likely a Verizon issue.

Yea I would have suspected a Verizon outage as well except my wife's phone is picking up 4G no problem, so that ruled that out. I tried the removal of the SIM and rebooting and and it seems to have worked. It picked up 4G right away, so fingers crossed it continues to work. Thanks for the tip!

BOBD1950

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC M8
By pulling the Sim..You might have wiped the corrupted 4g radio data.
Re-booted and it rebuilt..and it looked for a default.

Same thing happened to my TBolt. ,and worked.

Just My theory. I know an hour of VZW CS did not help me.

jtalvy

Reaction score
Worked for me

Thanks MrSmith317.

Just had the same problem on my Rezound and pulling the sim worked!

Pspjr13

Reaction score

I had this same issue but after pulling the SIM, rebooting, replacing the SIM and rebooting again, I was left with no service whatsoever (phone or data). The SIM card was correctly inserted, the battery cover was on...I tried re-installing the ROM (Countershrike) but it didn't help. Lastly, I tried to load a recent NAND backup from when I was using Clean Rom, but now my phone won't even turn on. It gets stuck saying "CLEAN ROM." I'm worried that I have really screwed something up. Any ideas?

P.S. When I reinstalled countershrike, it made an update zip on my internal SD so that when I boot into bootloader, it only prompts me to start the update. And my external SD is corrupt. I'm really not having the luck today.

Update: I was able to boot into recovery using my pc to initiate the command. From there, I did a factory reset and reinstalled the ROM. It turns on now but still no service...

Last edited:

Pspjr13

Reaction score
Got a new SIM card from my local Verizon store and service has been restored (still no 4g but that's ok for now).

N4UPD

Reaction score
I use an app called phone info and it lets you select lte only among other things. That seems to make my phone which is a rezound switch to 4g if there is a 4g signal available.