Repairing phone through credit card extended warranty. Question

armedmonkey

Reaction score
Visa and Mastercard offer extended warranties for electronics. You file a claim, get it repaired, and they reimburse you.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

My DX is just off warranty and i have two problems with it. I have two light spots on the screen, and the usb port connector is a little damaged. Do you guys think I'll have any problems getting this reimbursed?

Also, should I bother doing a factory reset/sbf back to stock and all that since the shop fixing it is not affiliated with Verizon?

Thanks!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Visa and Mastercard offer extended warranties for electronics. You file a claim, get it repaired, and they reimburse you.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

My DX is just off warranty and i have two problems with it. I have two light spots on the screen, and the usb port connector is a little damaged. Do you guys think I'll have any problems getting this reimbursed?

Also, should I bother doing a factory reset/sbf back to stock and all that since the shop fixing it is not affiliated with Verizon?

Thanks!

normal process is if u use ur credit card no matter what type, the reimbursement or refund will go directly back to ur card. but what im reading doesn't quite make sense when u say Visa and Mastercard offer ext warranties. credit card companies don't give warranties.

do u have added insurance like Assurance u pay on ur bill?

as for resetting, do u mind I ask where u are sending it too?

ALOHA from Hawaii

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
normal process is if u use ur credit card no matter what type, the reimbursement or refund will go directly back to ur card. but what im reading doesn't quite make sense when u say Visa and Mastercard offer ext warranties. credit card companies don't give warranties.

do u have added insurance like Assurance u pay on ur bill?

as for resetting, do u mind I ask where u are sending it too?

ALOHA from Hawaii

Visa and MCs do indeed offer an extended warranty on electronics purchases, even if you purchase an extended warranty at the store. In my experience it's an extra year on top of the manufacturer's warranty.

To the OP, best bet is to call your CC company and find out the exact terms of the warranty that's offered to make sure they'll honor it. I'm sure there are limitations to what their warranty covers.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Visa and MCs do indeed offer an extended warranty on electronics purchases, even if you purchase an extended warranty at the store. In my experience it's an extra year on top of the manufacturer's warranty.

To the OP, best bet is to call your CC company and find out the exact terms of the warranty that's offered to make sure they'll honor it. I'm sure there are limitations to what their warranty covers.

that is true on PURCHASES not on Visa and Mastercards itself. don't mix up what credit cards itself does. I know, I work for a bank as an analyst.

ALOHA from Hawaii

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
that is true on PURCHASES not on Visa and Mastercards itself. don't mix up what credit cards itself does. I know, I work for a bank as an analyst.

ALOHA from Hawaii

Yeah that's what I said, on electronics purchases haha...when you purchase electronics through Visa or MC you get a warranty which you can get reimbursed through Visa and MC. I know that Visa and MC are not insurance companies :icon_ banana:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I said, on electronics purchases haha...when you purchase electronics through Visa or MC you get a warranty which you can get reimbursed through Visa and MC. I know that Visa and MC are not insurance companies :icon_ banana:

alrighty then... ;)

ALOHA from Hawaii

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who said that they warranty the cards themselves (please read OP again)?