Question regarding a phone replacement

Jaredb

Reaction score
Ok so lately my Droid 4 has been a hassle to charge. The charging port is obviously messed up, for a couple months I've had to set my phone on the edge of a table or something & the weight of the cord put it in the perfect position to charge. If it was moved it would stop charging until the "sweet spot" was found. I've googled it & other people seem to have the same problem. Anyways as of today my phone wont charge at all. I messed around with it for a pretty good while & there's just no way it's charging. I plan on taking it to a Verizon store, but am unsure if it's still under warranty. I believe it is, but I'm afraid they might try to get away with not replacing it because they can't turn the phone on & because there's a small piece of plastic missing in the top corner of my phone where i dropped it MONTHS ago. They might try to say it was physical damage causing the charging port to go bad. I would just rather not pay the $50-100 for an insurance claim. So I guess my question is do you guys think they'll just replace it if it's under warranty or try to screw me over? Thanks.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I've had pretty good success in getting replacements in the past. If your phone is still under warranty, I am pretty confident that they'll replace it for you.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Call them instead of going into the store.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Call them instead of going into the store.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I agree with this. Might be better.

OP
J

Jaredb

Reaction score
could I just call a verizon store? I don't want to be on hold for 2 hours.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
OP
J

Jaredb

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes for ya.

I'm out of warranty. Eligible for an upgrade but I don't want to lose my unlimited & don't wanna pay $100 for an insurance claim. So I'm screwed either way.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'm out of warranty. Eligible for an upgrade but I don't want to lose my unlimited & don't wanna pay $100 for an insurance claim. So I'm screwed either way.

Yikes. Sorry to hear.

OP
J

Jaredb

Reaction score
I think I might upgrade to the S3 cause I found a link on here that has it for $9.99 & I'll just have to suck it up without unlimited & use wifi as much as possible. Do you know of a good place I could sell my D4 to?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I think I might upgrade to the S3 cause I found a link on here that has it for $9.99 & I'll just have to suck it up without unlimited & use wifi as much as possible. Do you know of a good place I could sell my D4 to?

That's definitely an option. Can't beat $9.99. How much data do you usually use per month?

Here's a good place to sell android phones - Buy and Sell Used Android Phones and Tablets > Swappa

OP
J

Jaredb

Reaction score
That's definitely an option. Can't beat $9.99. How much data do you usually use per month?

Here's a good place to sell android phones - Buy and Sell Used Android Phones and Tablets > Swappa

Not a lot at the moment. I've used 7-10gigs a month before when I had a laidback job, but that's no longer the case. I'm sure 2 gigs a month would suffice if I used wifi when I can. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
If you have an upgrade, you can now buy a full price phone from Verizon and pay for it over 12 months, and you retain your unlimited. Or wait for the s4 and/or HTC one to get released, which means those people who are upgrading have phones to sell on eBay, Craiglist and Amazon. You may get a good deal on a used hopefully 4g device. People will sell their s3, Razr's abd even DNA to get the new phones. After new releases, a flood of phones to sell usually become available.

OP
J

Jaredb

Reaction score
If you have an upgrade, you can now buy a full price phone from Verizon and pay for it over 12 months, and you retain your unlimited. Or wait for the s4 and/or HTC one to get released, which means those people who are upgrading have phones to sell on eBay, Craiglist and Amazon. You may get a good deal on a used hopefully 4g device. People will sell their s3, Razr's abd even DNA to get the new phones. After new releases, a flood of phones to sell usually become available.

I've already ordered the $9.99 S3 I found on here. I'm currently on my dad's plan, but plan on being on my own before too long so I'd lose my unlimited anyway. I'll just be using wifi when I'm at home. Thanks for the info though.