Droid charging port and physical keyboard issue

Daft-H

Reaction score
okay, so my droid slid off the couch while it was charging, and now the charging port is all bent out of shape on the inside. I've managed to bend it somewhat back into place to the point where it WILL charge, but the charger has to be in a precise direction (basically diagonal into the charging port) but when i plug it into my computer to try to copy files or music over to, it goes bat**** crazy and boot loops, screen locks up and crashes when i touch it, and just wont allow for any connectivity to my computer. also the physical keyboard (not so much of a big deal) almost seems like its cutting into the back of the phone when it slides up but im not so worried about this. can i get a replacement or something or what should i do to fix these issues? (mainly just worried about the charging port)

kyle94481

Reaction score
You should probably take that into a verizon store, I can see that being very annoying as I copy things to and from my phone daily.

OP
Daft-H

Daft-H

Reaction score
i did to, music and such. shoudl i unroot before i bring it into them?

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Yes....can't have anything to do with rooting on your phone when Verizon looks at it

OP
Daft-H

Daft-H

Reaction score
alright thanks guys, ill unroot and get back to stock recovery and shizz and take it in monday or something. the thing that sucks is my friend has had his fall out of the car onto the pavement, and through all kind of hell and when mine slides off the couch cause of dog (no more than a 3 ft drop if that) for the FIRST time since owning it, it breaks -_-

OP
Daft-H

Daft-H

Reaction score
also, should i remove any apps that required root access before i bring it in? like root explorer, setcpu, ect?

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
Just from my limited knowledge from reading on this site it is my understanding that everything to do with rooting has to be removed. Sprecovery..roms...apps to do with rooting have to be removed. It has to look like a stock Droid, like you've never done anything to it except add some apps from the market.

You may want to wait until someone with more knowledge than me can answer your questions or search around the site for more info.

OP
Daft-H

Daft-H

Reaction score
alright, thanks for all you guys's help

OP
Daft-H

Daft-H

Reaction score
i cant take it in for another 3 or 4 days, so while im waiting can someone tell me whats most likely going to happen? am i going to get a refurbished droid, a new one, a replacement or what?

OP
Daft-H

Daft-H

Reaction score
i cant take it in for another 3 or 4 days, so while im waiting can someone tell me whats most likely going to happen? am i going to get a refurbished droid, a new one, a replacement or what?
sorry for the bump but can anyone answer the question in that post?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
If they somehow determine that the damage was caused by a drop or misuse (not your case) then they will probably not do anything under warranty. However, I have no idea what the likelihood of that is. If they determine it is a legitimate warranty claim then you will either get a refurbished Droid or possibly a Droid 2 if they have no Droids. Perhaps some stores still have new Droids left, but unlikely.

OP
Daft-H

Daft-H

Reaction score
is my dog yanking the cord while it was charging causing the phone to fall off the couch covered by warranty?

ricks

Reaction score

Call them and ask.

OP
Daft-H

Daft-H

Reaction score
So I took it to them, said that it fell off my couch while it was charging and now it won't work whem I plug it into my computer and it has to be in a precise posisition to charge, and all he asked for was my address and phone number and said a new one will be here in 3 days or so.. by new one did he mean a new droid? Cause those are out of stock...