Are charging port issues common with the Droid?

liguy257

Reaction score
Just wondering if others have had any problems not just with the charging port on the droid. I noticed that probably 3/4 of the times I connect my phone to the charger, I see the lightening bolt in the battery but the meter isn't moving, so it looks to me like the phone is being powered, but it's not actually charging.

It happens mostly when I connect the phone via USB to my computer, and also when I'm hooked up to my car charger. It does it with the wall charger also, but not as often. I plugged my sisters Droid into the same car charger and it started charging instantly.

I hooked mine up to my computer about 10 minutes ago and the meter didn't move at all, and I just looked it and now it seems to be charging... wtf. It's bad enough that I get maybe 1/2 a day from a full battery charge...

kellymstl

Reaction score
I have a Droid Eris and returned it once for a charging port problem. The one I have now is starting to have the same problems. It mostly happens with the car charger though.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Just wondering if others have had any problems not just with the charging port on the droid. I noticed that probably 3/4 of the times I connect my phone to the charger, I see the lightening bolt in the battery but the meter isn't moving, so it looks to me like the phone is being powered, but it's not actually charging.

It happens mostly when I connect the phone via USB to my computer, and also when I'm hooked up to my car charger. It does it with the wall charger also, but not as often. I plugged my sisters Droid into the same car charger and it started charging instantly.

I hooked mine up to my computer about 10 minutes ago and the meter didn't move at all, and I just looked it and now it seems to be charging... wtf. It's bad enough that I get maybe 1/2 a day from a full battery charge...

Well I agree with the USB to computer connection because the USB port on your computer can only deliver a very limited amount of current. With your phone on bright and background tasks running extensively, it could use as much or more current as the USB port is delivering. However you should not be seeing this with the wall charger or car charger.