Download ZIP
rename ZIP, "update.zip"
Place in root of SDCard
Reboot into Recovery
Choose Install
Choose allow update.zip
Install update.zip
reboot

Lastly, I deleted file. Then downloaded again, going through above instruction; still installation failed. With this message: "assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device")=="sholes" l l getprop("ro.build.product") =="sholes" ll getprop("ro.product.board"0 == "sholes" E:Error in /sdcared/Rockin_Rainbow_DX_GummyJar.zip"

I think i might have a fix in the next hour at most.

EDIT: Fixed (I hope) http://tinyurl.com/2a5wf3s

Last edited:

rustyp2

Reaction score
I just tried the new download - still no-go. Installation aborted. . .

davidjr621

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just tried the new download - still no-go. Installation aborted. . .

Hmmm. Odd. I dont own a Droid X, so i dont really know how theming it works exactly. i was asked to port this blindly. Ill keep trying to work on it, but no guarentees.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:icon_eek: Link changed again. If any themers with an X see this thread I'd appreciate some help figuring out the problem. Noone on my team has that phone so we can't test it.

Reaction score
Ok, I fixed it.

Credit goes to Mikeyinid. I basically took one of his themes, ripped out /system and put in the contents from this theme.

Also, since I really wanted this for my Droid2's, I removed latinime.apk.

Here is my version:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9669866/RockingRainbowTemp.zip

Of course this is my Dropbox account, so bandwidth will likely go fast. Corinacakes, if you'd like to take that and host it normally, I would appreciate it.

*edit* - This one DOES work on my Droid2. Didn't try it on my X, but see no reason why it wouldn't work there as well.

-Z

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Downloading now! Thank you so much! You rock!
dancedroid

rustyp2

Reaction score
Ok, I fixed it.

Credit goes to Mikeyinid. I basically took one of his themes, ripped out /system and put in the contents from this theme.

Here is my version:

Of course this is my Dropbox account, so bandwidth will likely go fast. Corinacakes, if you'd like to take that and host it normally, I would appreciate it.

*edit* - This one DOES work on my Droid2. Didn't try it on my X, but see no reason why it wouldn't work there as well.

-Z

I am downloading it now on my wife's DX and after making a nandroid backup will put gummyjar on again and then this. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

rustyp2

Reaction score
OK, I just installed it and it works! Thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in on this. I did do one thing differently that what I was doing last night. I followed the instructions on the original GummyJar thread of how to install themes or addons. Mainly, I mounted the system in RM prior to installing the theme. Not sure if that made any difference or not.

davidjr621

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I fixed it.

Here is my version:

-Z

DUDE! Thanks a bunch! its been killing me not knowing why it doesnt work! ill upload it to my FTP when its done DL'ing!!! dancedroiddancedroid

Ritzie

Reaction score
I absolutely love this theme. I have one issue well two. The first one is in the pull down the status is blacked out. The second is not really an issue per say just some the first letters ore bootstrap are cut off. Here are the screen shots.
62180fa4-eca2-b0db.jpg
62180fa4-ecb1-6b66.jpg

edit: one other thing I found I don't have the music controls on the lock screen. Also forgot to mention I have a Droid X

Thanks for your hard work and a wonderful theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I absolutely love this theme. I have one issue well two. The first one is in the pull down the status is blacked out. The second is not really an issue per say just some the first letters ore bootstrap are cut off. Here are the screen shots.

edit: one other thing I found I don't have the music controls on the lock screen. Also forgot to mention I have a Droid X

Thanks for your hard work and a wonderful theme.

Hi and thanks! I'm glad you like it! Regarding the status bar pull down, does GummyJar allow changing the color of your font in the notification area? If not the only thing that will work is changing that image. Regarding the cut off words, that's my fault :D It's becuz I didn't patch the 9 for that image. It was done purposely becuz it's the only way i could get that look for those buttons. Hopefully that's the only spot you see it like that.

Ritzie

Reaction score
Ill have to check with gummyjar. I've tried several times and it doesn't take. Not really a big deal though. I still love the theme. I haven't seen the cut off letters in anything else. Appreciate your promptness. :)

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The easiest way to fix notifications in the pull down would be to change that one image for bg to stock gummyjar. It will be grey and less cool :p but you'll be able to read your notifications

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
The easiest way to fix notifications in the pull down would be to change that one image for bg to stock gummyjar. It will be grey and less cool :p but you'll be able to read your notifications

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

My wife is absolutely lovin this theme! And if she is happy then I am too...lol

The notification pulldown is my only concern though, and my wife is new to smartphones so I would like to fix it for her to make it as easy as I can for her. How would I go about it?