kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yup....definitely red. Thanks buddy.

Beno

Reaction score
Is it just me or is this Twitter still blue?

How did you install it?

Most likely you didn't fix the permissions, or rename the existing twitter to Twitter.apk before you moved it into /system/app/

I just downloaded the file I posted, opened up the .png files...definitely red :)

My bad. I skipped the slightly important step of altering the permissions on the apk file itself once in /system/app! Works great, and it is indeed RED! Nice, thanks! :reddroid:

Beno

Reaction score
Back to the original topic, is there any way the smoked glass look can be disabled just for the album art? Seems to be the case with doubletwist and the standard music player, but not the cubed player. It diminishes the artwork by making part of it look too light. Other than that, the smoked glass looks sweet with this red theme.

joander7

Reaction score
HELP PLEASE!!!! Phone gets stuck at android splash screen

Yesterday I attempted to install the Redline theme. My phone is rooted, with a clockwork Rom and I'm running Froyo 2.2. After following the initial instructions by installing the ZIP on the SDcard, going into recovery mode, finding the new Zip, pressing install, install was complete and then rebooting. However, the phone only reboots to the screen that reads"ANDROID" and then it sits there and blinks, but never boots to the desktop.

I tried going back into Clockrecovery attempting an advanced backup restore from the Nandroid folder, but it said no files were found despite them being on the SDcard. My wife has a Droid also, so I checked. I tried a wipe/factory reset. Nothing works..it still does the same thing. Any suggestions? I had SPrecovery, but when I tried to update my ROM in Rom Manager before all this happen the recovery installed Clockwork as my new recovery system.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you rename to "update"?

joander7

Reaction score
No that was not the instructions for the clockwork install. The Rename "update" was for the SPrecovery. The CW install just stated that I need just put the file in as is

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
No that was not the instructions for the clockwork install. The Rename "update" was for the SPrecovery. The CW install just stated that I need just put the file in as is

With Clockwork, I don't think you have to rename anything. I may be wrong, but I think the program just tells you to pick what you want to install, and goes ahead and does it.

-Mike

huskur

Reaction score
Is it just me or is this Twitter still blue?

How did you install it?

Most likely you didn't fix the permissions, or rename the existing twitter to Twitter.apk before you moved it into /system/app/

I just downloaded the file I posted, opened up the .png files...definitely red :)

Mine is blue still also. How do you "fix the permissions". I think that is my issue

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
How did you install it?

Most likely you didn't fix the permissions, or rename the existing twitter to Twitter.apk before you moved it into /system/ap

Mine is blue still also. How do you "fix the permissions". I think that is my issue

Open terminal emulator

Type:

su
chmod 644 /system/app/Twitter.apk
reboot

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

joander7

Reaction score
How did you install it?

Most likely you didn't fix the permissions, or rename the existing twitter to Twitter.apk before you moved it into /system/ap
Open terminal emulator

Type:

su
reboot

I can't even get in my phone. It keeps looping and staying at the ANDROID splash

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Yesterday I attempted to install the Redline theme. My phone is rooted, with a clockwork Rom and I'm running Froyo 2.2. After following the initial instructions by installing the ZIP on the SDcard, going into recovery mode, finding the new Zip, pressing install, install was complete and then rebooting. However, the phone only reboots to the screen that reads"ANDROID" and then it sits there and blinks, but never boots to the desktop.

I tried going back into Clockrecovery attempting an advanced backup restore from the Nandroid folder, but it said no files were found despite them being on the SDcard. My wife has a Droid also, so I checked. I tried a wipe/factory reset. Nothing works..it still does the same thing. Any suggestions? I had SPrecovery, but when I tried to update my ROM in Rom Manager before all this happen the recovery installed Clockwork as my new recovery system.

Make sure you are using the second Froyo leak. If you are on the first leak you WILL BOOTLOOP.

Then download it, apply it, then you will be out of bootloops and you can decide whether you want to reapply the theme, but it will work with the second leak. I had a 2 hour discussion yesterday with someone who swore he was on the lates, installed that and everything was fine, and he had linked me the first link for where he downloaded Froyo.

So try that.

Couple points for everyone else. If you don't have it, download the froyo zip from the stock images in rom manager. Did you know if you ever start bootlooping from applying that you can just reapply the update zip? It doesn't touch data, but fixes anything in/system or /boot that mightve messed up. I keep a copy of that on my sdcard, much quicker than a restore and I keep all of my up to date information. As of yet I've never had to do a complete restore that has always fixed my problems.

That said, I KNOW that the theme will work with that version, and when you download it from there, there is no question its the right version of froyo.

Also, big note..SpRecovery puts backups in /Sdcard/Nandroid.

Clockwork puts backups in /clockwork/backup

Yu cannot use your SPRfecovery backups with clockwork, so its like they down exist. Sounds like to use them you are going to have to flas SP back the old fashioned way

Since these are updates and not complete backups did you know if you just reapply the update

huskur

Reaction score
How did you install it?

Open terminal emulator

Type:

su
reboot

after the entry chmod 644 /system/app/Twitter.apk and hitting enter i get the error "unable to chmod /system/app/Twitter.apk: Read-only file system"