Alternate Dark Theme

natty_lite

Reaction score
Is there anyway we can get the default font back? I'm having trouble reading my twitter feeds and text

natty_lite

Reaction score
Nobody? Guess I have to switch. its a shame, such a good theme, if he only he could have left the font alone. I don't know why theme makers are so obsessed with changing it all the time.

JBPruitt

Reaction score
Nobody? Guess I have to switch. its a shame, such a good theme, if he only he could have left the font alone. I don't know why theme makers are so obsessed with changing it all the time.

Maybe give the guy more than a day to respond before you have a mini freak out... He's one of the most dedicated themers out there... and he's trying to update multiple theme's (not just one like most themers) on multiple platforms as all the developers come out with their new stuff.

He's also got a full time job a wife and kids...

just saying... the world may revolve around droid... but not yours exclusively.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Themers are obsessed with changing everything. If we wanted everything stock, we wouldn't theme anything. Also, we can't make every single person happy. Also, it's hard enough making a version for every ROM out there, I try to be VERY accomodating but I have a FT job, two kids, and a wife, and I do this for free.

Anyhow...

The Lithium Mod version comes with the stock font because JRummy has a font changer as part of the ROM. (Something I think every ROM should have) As ROM's get more customizable so will the themes. I remember a time when you just had to deal with whatever color I made notifications, and if I decided I wanted the clock to show, or what I wanted listed on the Verizon banner. Newer ROM's such as SS4.6, Sapphire, and CM allow you to change all this. Until these ROM's all adopt a way to change fonts, my themes will get the font I think looks best based on my taste. This is why my newer themes will ONLY be available on these ROM's that allow this customization because I don't want to lock you guys into one particular configuration based on my tastes.

I hope it doesn't sound arrogant at all, but I can barely keep up with all the ROM updates (which usually require a full re-port of the themes.) I can't make separate versions for every request unfortunately. I am actually making another version of Alt Dark with a light notification background so that users that use apps that have their own notification colors set to black individually will be able to see those notifications (Pandora, Weather Bug, etc)

If I can find the time, I will make a metamorph up for stock fonts so that
people can use it on any theme out there that doesn't use the stock font and it will change it back to the stock font. It may be a couple days though.

JBPruitt

Reaction score
also what he said...

btw Roberj...

Chevy's starting to get into the same level of customization ability...

all I'm going to say is it would be awesome if I could have my new favorite theme with my always favorite Rom :)...

but I think it'd definitely be worth the wait!

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Just in case anyone wonders what I do all day.

-Reworking Blue Energy Theme
Currently available for:
Sapphire .8.4
SS4.5
FRF84B
BB.4
CM5.0.8

Needs to be available for:
CM6
SS4.6
Lithium Mod

RedLINE:
Available for:
FRF84B
Sapphire .8.4
CM 5.0.8
SS4.5

CM6
SS4.6
Lithium Mod

Purple Passion:
Available for:
Sapphire .8.4
FRF84B
Lithium Mod
SS4.5

SS4.6
CM6

Alternate Dark
Available for:
Sapphire .8.4
CM6RC1, RC2
Lithium Mod

Needs to be available for
SS4.6

Alternate Dark ADW Theme:
Making more icons supported

New ADW Themes Im working on:

Smoked Glass
Frosted

So that makes 15 ports already made for my themes. 9 more ports to do....and that is if someone doesn't update their ROM. I fully expect a new version of Sapphire, BB, and Lithium Mod to be released soon. so that will be 12 new ports to do for only 3 ROM releases.

I want to be able to work on a new theme at some point but there is little to no chance that will happen anytime soon, if ever at all. I might have to retire one or two and if someone wants it to continue to be ported, port it themselves, sad but probably will be true.

natty_lite

Reaction score

Maybe give the guy more than a day to respond before you have a mini freak out... He's one of the most dedicated themers out there... and he's trying to update multiple theme's (not just one like most themers) on multiple platforms as all the developers come out with their new stuff.

He's also got a full time job a wife and kids...

just saying... the world may revolve around droid... but not yours exclusively.
I have a FT job and outside obligations as well, so I can fully appreciate that. I wasn't trying to specifically put the burden on the creator of this theme to answer me directly. If that was the case, I would have PM'd him.

I was just hoping that one person out of this 6 page thread could help. Or one person out of the 98,000 people who are members of the forum could help.I can't be the only person who wants different framework and graphics to their UI, but prefers stock the stock font.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
I am about to upload an update.zip to change the font to stock. This will work for any recovery, on any ROM, at anytime.

natty_lite

Reaction score
Themers are obsessed with changing everything. If we wanted everything stock, we wouldn't theme anything. Also, we can't make every single person happy. Also, it's hard enough making a version for every ROM out there, I try to be VERY accomodating but I have a FT job, two kids, and a wife, and I do this for free.

I can fully appreciate that. If I could repackage a framework.res file and upload it without forcing my phone into a boot loop, I would most certainly do it myself. I dig the the changes that the theme provides, however, the change of font affected me adversely. It's harder to read my SMS, and twitter applications. and I also have trouble distinguishing "a's" from "o's" which is very frustrating when using the Terminal since I don't have the luxury of autocorrect.

That was my motivation for the request, I wasn't trying to nitpick or say keep everything stock. However, to offer some (in general, not just this theme specifically) constructive criticism, just because something CAN be altered or themed, doesn't mean that it should. Some things are fine as is, like the font - IMHO.

Serqet

Reaction score
So, Facebook finally put out an update for their Android app today (YAY!!!); however, as you might guess, this "un-themed" your fantastic looking Facebook widget. Any easy way to get this updated/fixed back to your themed look?

gaborger

Reaction score
I really dig this theme, but in some cases I see grey text on black background which is hard to read. It may be just some of the apps I use. Specifically Touiteur when composing a new tweet, the character count shows up this way.

Serqet

Reaction score
So, Facebook finally put out an update for their Android app today (YAY!!!); however, as you might guess, this "un-themed" your fantastic looking Facebook widget. Any easy way to get this updated/fixed back to your themed look?

On second thought, you may want to hold off even bothering... if enough people keep complaining about this on the app's own wall, I'm thinking they'll issue another update to fix it.

Fan photos from Facebook for Android | Facebook