Reasons why the Incredible is better then iPhone

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
classic example today..

me and the GF were at teh beach.. she breaks out the iphone... fires up pandora... then wants to show me a webpage or something... her words not mine... "this sucks, i have to stop the music in order to visit this site to show you something"...

ill take multitasking apps anyday over.. being able to talk and email at the same time.. i never even had to do that... incred clearly dominates, imo..

dgreen1069

Reaction score
To be fair, being able to talk and use data at the same time was pretty cool. Many times I would be using Google Maps while talking to someone on the phone. You could also use the internet browser while talking to someone....it was great if you where shopping and trying to show something to someone who was not there.

One thing I have found that is driving me nutz is that I can't get my corporate contacts with my Incredible. On my iPhone, they came up automatically. They are nowhere to be found on my Incredible. If someone know how to get them, I would be VERY grateful.

muffstic

Reaction score
To be fair, being able to talk and use data at the same time was pretty cool. Many times I would be using Google Maps while talking to someone on the phone. You could also use the internet browser while talking to someone....it was great if you where shopping and trying to show something to someone who was not there.

One thing I have found that is driving me nutz is that I can't get my corporate contacts with my Incredible. On my iPhone, they came up automatically. They are nowhere to be found on my Incredible. If someone know how to get them, I would be VERY grateful.

People>Online directories>Company directory. Search the person you want, then add to contacts.

kev83202

Reaction score
Check out this video

[video=youtube;xj_aREHqWw8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj_aREHqWw8]YouTube - iPhone 3GS Vs. HTC Droid Incredible[/video]

dgreen1069

Reaction score

People>Online directories>Company directory. Search the person you want, then add to contacts.

That's my problem....when I go the route you proposed, there is nothing there, just a big blank. It's almost as if my phone doesn't know where to look. Is there a place I have to input my company info? I already have my exchange configured and I can send and receive emails, it is the online company directory I am missing.

Tominator

Reaction score
the only thing the iphone, or even moto droid do that beats the incredible is in 3d gaming. The incredible has the amd z430 (adreno 200 ) gpu which isnt as good as the moto droids or iphones SGX 530 core. Hence why asphalt on the nexus 1 (same chipset as incredible) lags in framerate compared to moto droid and iphone in the same game. However the snapdragon cpu in the incredible hasnt been optimized for games yet so time will tell....hopefully

dgreen1069

Reaction score

That's my problem....when I go the route you proposed, there is nothing there, just a big blank. It's almost as if my phone doesn't know where to look. Is there a place I have to input my company info? I already have my exchange configured and I can send and receive emails, it is the online company directory I am missing.

Mysteriously, my corporate contacts started to work. It is not as seemless as with the iPhone (where I could just type a name into the To: column), but at least it is working. Now I am much much happier!!!

OP
BlingDiva

BlingDiva

Reaction score

Mysteriously, my corporate contacts started to work. It is not as seemless as with the iPhone (where I could just type a name into the To: column), but at least it is working. Now I am much much happier!!!

so the Incredible is a keeper over the iPhone then?

muffstic

Reaction score

Defiantly! I traded in my iPhone 3GS for the MOTO Droid because of the customization of Android, but now I'm glad I did because the Incredible blows the iPhone out of the water. Know that my iPhone was jailbroken which makes it 10 times better than stock. Some of the apps I had to be jailbroken for are available for a stock android phone.

dgreen1069

Reaction score

It's definitely starting to look that way. I will miss the total finesse of the iPhone, but the improvement in call quality (and ability to make calls) is 100 times better. I forgot just how much better Verizon coverage was than AT&T. With my contacts working, it appears my Incredible will do everything my iPhone would.....and then some.

WeakChopper

Reaction score
Mainly for me the Droid wins for two reasons:
1) I just don't like Apple. I'm sure their products are just fine, but I just don't want to be part of the Apple hipster crowd and I think that's fine. If someone wants an iPod/Pad/Phone, good for them. I'm ok with that. I don't want them.
2) I hate AT&T. My boss has an iPhone and the only place in our entire office he can get signal is standing pressed up against the window. He is actually considering switching to a Droid just so he can make phone calls! Which seems like the most important thing in a phone!
3) Someone said they love Apple's customer service. Well, I'm glad that you were able to get some! You must have used up all of it, because I certainly can't get any. I work as an executive assistant and that means that I get to do everything my boss either doesn't have time for or doesn't want to waste time on. This means that when something is wrong with his iPhone I'm the one who has to make an appointment at the god-awful Genius Bar and go there and deal with the idiots.

Other than that I think they're really the "same" phone in a different package. If you like one, fine. If you like the other, fine. But those are my reasons for never buying one. And for telling my boss, "No thanks," when he offered to give me his old iPhone for free. No way I was going to get tied down to a contract with AT&T.

turbomentor

Reaction score
I can't find it right now but someone once had a great video on an iPhone app that locates Public Telephone booths for those times when you really need to make a call but can't. It was hilarious.

Now THAT is funny right there...don't care who ya are!

bje1982

Reaction score
Im going out on a limb here but im pretty sure everyone who says iphone over the incredible or android doesnt know how to use android and then just goes on to say the iphones better.. the incredible has ALL the features of the iphone and alot more.. hey at least google didnt make you wait 2+ years to enable the ability to send an mms.. oh and wait isnt the iphone the only smartphone that wont get full flash support?? hmmm itunes sync you say? cant do it with android? has anyone heard of doubletwist??? guess not.. hey iphone lovers what does insurance cost for the iphone? oh yeah thats right no insurance for iphone... just proves my point that alot of people dont research how to accomplish things with there android smartphone... its open source so if you want to be able to do something that doesnt come stock on the phone theres usually an app for it.. oh there is one thing.. you can use web and make a phone call on att network good enough reason for me to switch im going to att right now pm me if you want to buy my android phone!!!!

SimonTuffGuy

Reaction score
I owned an original iPhone (bought on release day) and upgraded to the 3GS the day that was released... I loved the phone and the service, at least for me, was fine. I was with AT&T from AT&T days, through Cingular, back to AT&T and never really had any call issues, service was alright, except for the slowness of Edge. My major complaint was that I had no service at my office because of the building.

I terminated my contract with AT&T to switch to Verizon. Originally picked up the Moto Droid and then upgraded to the Incredible the day it came out. It's very iPhone'ish, similar size, weight, width, etc.

Perks of the Droid:
1. Google Voice (nuff said - this alone was worth the switch to an Android phone)
2. Market is more open than the Apple App Store. You don't have "corporate Android" killing apps for no reason at all, unlike Apple.
3. The screen looks AMAZING compared to the iPhone.

Perks of the iPhone:
1. It had a really nice hacker following. The iPhone Dev Team and everyone that works on jailbreaks and unlocks is amazing. I don't see that quite as widespread in the Android area... They're here, but it's not as mainsteam.
2. I still think that the multitouch on the iPhone is better than that on either Droid or Incredible. I still find myself having to slow down on texts and emails so that it catches my presses. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing yet with it... But I still see the iPhone multitouch as a perk.
3. Syncing/Backups seem to be easier because of iTunes. Good or bad because of NEEDING iTunes for some things is to be questioned... But it was nice to say "I want to sync these folders, these pictures, and these music libraries"... And it did everything for you.

All in all... If you go with Verizon and an Incredible, or Droid, or whatever.... You won't be sad that you did.

jjprusk

Reaction score

When a phone comes out that really looks interesting I grab it for a month and then return it if it isn't better than what I'm carrying. I've had iPhone's since the first launch and been quite happy with them. The Incredible is the first phone that is really making me think about switching. I guess I'm just lucky but AT&T has gotten pretty good in all of the areas where I normally travel, so there isn't much difference for me there. As I had mentioned, AT&T has really stepped-up their service lately and my iPhone is quite a bit faster than the Incredible for most data service. The biggest drawback to the iPhone, as you mentioned, is the control that Apple feels they need to have. However, one could argue that the level of control makes the iPhone a more "fluid" experience. And that's the one area the iPhone truly shines as everything (from the buttons to easy to access email options) always just seem to "be there". Its the one thing that will probably keep me on the iPhone until Android gets to the same level - usability is a big deal to me. I like to play, but I also actually use my phone heavily for data-related activity and the iPhone apps in that area really shine.