Droid Incredible or iPhone4g

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
my gf iphone just locked up, call dropped.. she used her sisters at&t phone and it worked fine.. gf hates the iphone already..hasnt even had it that long.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
The only thing the iPhone has more of is Apps in the market and that gap is closing fairly quickly.

Actually that gap is nowhere near closing and wont ever close. The iPhone has a lot more developers interested in it because of Android having so many different versions and devices. Making their apps compatible with all of these Devices and different versions of OS's would be a big pain in the A$$.

This is the main thing the iPhone has over Android but i dont need that many apps on my Incredible. If i really wanted apps that bad i could just go buy an iPod touch and use iPhone apps over WiFi.

Mojo

Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me! The iPhone has an app that I can make pizzas and orders them for me... and even better its got this awesome app for sending the coolest little smiles in my messages! OMG OMG get the iPhone! Its going to be the coolest.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What, the iPhone has an app that can send smileys in messages?

My Droid is going back RIGHT NOW!!!

him

Reaction score
The only thing the iPhone has more of is Apps in the market and that gap is closing fairly quickly.

Actually that gap is nowhere near closing and wont ever close. The iPhone has a lot more developers interested in it because of Android having so many different versions and devices. Making their apps compatible with all of these Devices and different versions of OS's would be a big pain in the A$$.

This is the main thing the iPhone has over Android but i dont need that many apps on my Incredible. If i really wanted apps that bad i could just go buy an iPod touch and use iPhone apps over WiFi.

Dont know man i think apple is starting to get a little fragmented as well with the 3-4 differnet gens of touchs and Iphones. With the new iphone there may be a change in actually resolution and also the ipad so they will expierence their share of fragmentation as well.

As for the apps. All the apps i had on my iphone i was able to replace with android apps...even my jailbroken ones.

After owning an android device i wouldnt never consider another iphone unless they came jailbroken. Just waiting on a decent android tablet and id be all inn.

jmwend

Reaction score
The Incredible supports Flash. I was sitting int he airport watching full episodes of the office and 30 rock from nbc.com. Jobbs specifically said that the iphone will never support flash. Flash is so prevalent that this puts the iphone at a major disadvantage. Go with Incredible no questions asked.

R24D24

Reaction score
Hard to compare something in the hand to a concept, but I can say that you couldn't go wrong either way. Although having had an iphone 3gs, and moto droid previously, I can say the experience on the Inc is better by far then both.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
We don't know anything about the new iPhone but it will most likely better , better technology and app

kmo

Reaction score
OK the Incredible is a great phone but how can we honestly compare the iphone 4G when it hasn't even hit the market yet? It's going to be a good phone no doubt about it and it will come to Verizon at some point too. Once it's out and people are using it in the real world then we will see how it actually performs and will get some real data not speculation on how it stacks up. Technology is moving at a fast pace right now with these devices and we (the consumers) are the real winners because we are getting better devices to choose from all the time....hate to say it but it's only going to be a short time before the Incredible will be just a blip on the radar screen due to all the new phones coming out in the near future. I look forward to choosing my next upgrade when the time comes, for now I am totally enjoying my new INC. :heart:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Well if you ain't touching AT&T give up hope on the Galaxy S because it is a GSM only phone.

Sorry, but according to all recent reports, you are wrong. Galaxy S will be coming to all major US carriers, including Verizon.

Holy crap, I just looked up the Galaxy S. Biggest iPhone rip-off I have EVER seen ahahaha

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK the Incredible is a great phone but how can we honestly compare the iphone 4G when it hasn't even hit the market yet? It's going to be a good phone no doubt about it and it will come to Verizon at some point too. Once it's out and people are using it in the real world then we will see how it actually performs and will get some real data not speculation on how it stacks up. Technology is moving at a fast pace right now with these devices and we (the consumers) are the real winners because we are getting better devices to choose from all the time....hate to say it but it's only going to be a short time before the Incredible will be just a blip on the radar screen due to all the new phones coming out in the near future. I look forward to choosing my next upgrade when the time comes, for now I am totally enjoying my new INC. :heart:

And you base this on what rumor that has all been rebuked?;)

kmo

Reaction score
All the the threads and "rumors" on the web is just that, speculation. We all will talk this to death but like I said it's all moot until we get our hands on the new iphone 4G to see exactly what it has in store for consumers. What exactly has been rebuked? Enlighten me...haha.

matt30

Reaction score
One drawback of CDMA is you can't do data and voice simultaneously. The marginal difference in speed is not noticible.