Few Incredible questions

azfreak

Reaction score
So i am coming from an og droid not rooted. loved the phone alot and could basically get like 12-16 hours of battery life with texting, facebooking, twitter, and the average use.

I currently went and got an iphone 4 (dont hate) love the phone, but do miss certain android things and hardware things (led).

I am considering on returning the iphone 4 in hopes to use my upgrade on a different phone in the future.

Wondering how the Incredible performs battery wise, is it easy to root (been looking into it and reading all about it),
Also how much does playing music drain the battery because i definitely enjoy listening to music throughout the day as well as in the gym or in the car.

and if i were to get the incredible i would just get it used until i need to use my upgrade.

Any comments help :)

Last edited:

illmatic636

Reaction score
So i am coming from an og droid not rooted. loved the phone alot and could basically get like 12-16 hours of battery life with texting, facebooking, twitter, and the average use.

I currently went and got an iphone 4 (dont hate) love the phone, but do miss certain android things and hardware things (led).

I am considering on returning the iphone 4 in hopes to use my upgrade on a different phone in the future.

Wondering how the Incredible performs battery wise, is it easy to root (been looking into it and reading all about it),
Also how much does playing music drain the battery because i definitely enjoy listening to music throughout the day as well as in the gym or in the car.

and if i were to get the incredible i would just get it used until i need to use my upgrade.

Any comments help :)

Exactly what I did. I have an OG Droid and just was not impressed about Thunderbolt. So, I bought a used Droid Inc for $100. I can't tell you the difference in battery life cause rooted will give you better performance and access to switching out certain kernels. (allowing overclocking/underclocking) when you want to mess with it. Stockwise, I have not clue. Never had a phone stock for long enough. I would rather wait until Bionic comes out before using my upgrade.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
My Inc. battery seems about the same as my D1.

I'm saving my upgrade for Inc 2, but that could change if something catches my eye. The Incredible is a big step up from my D1.

OlafTheOx

Reaction score
Rooting is easy. The DInc is my first smartphone. Flashing a ROM is pretty easy, too. Follow the instruction, be sure to wipe cache, and make a nandroid backup before you start, just in case. With stock HTC ROM battery is really short-lived. With Cyanogen 6.2 & (now) Incredibly Re-engineered 2.4 ROMs my battery lasts at least 30% longer.

DInc with CM 6.1