Reasons why the Incredible is better then iPhone

OP
BlingDiva

BlingDiva

Reaction score

When a phone comes out that really looks interesting I grab it for a month and then return it if it isn't better than what I'm carrying. I've had iPhone's since the first launch and been quite happy with them. The Incredible is the first phone that is really making me think about switching. I guess I'm just lucky but AT&T has gotten pretty good in all of the areas where I normally travel, so there isn't much difference for me there. As I had mentioned, AT&T has really stepped-up their service lately and my iPhone is quite a bit faster than the Incredible for most data service. The biggest drawback to the iPhone, as you mentioned, is the control that Apple feels they need to have. However, one could argue that the level of control makes the iPhone a more "fluid" experience. And that's the one area the iPhone truly shines as everything (from the buttons to easy to access email options) always just seem to "be there". Its the one thing that will probably keep me on the iPhone until Android gets to the same level - usability is a big deal to me. I like to play, but I also actually use my phone heavily for data-related activity and the iPhone apps in that area really shine.

I Agree 100% with you, I think I am going to keep my iPhone as well

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I think it's easily better then the 3gs, but in a month or so the new iphone will be out and I think that may put this phone to shame

speed4tu

Reaction score
I had an iPhone 3g and 3gs before getting the Droid or the Incredible. At first I missed the iPhone a bit but LOVED the Verizon service. After a few days with the Droid I got used to it and liked Android much better than the iPhone. Now with the Incredible I wouldn't take get another iPhone even if Verizon was to get one. Easily the best phone I have ever had.

Frunkis

Reaction score
Android is much more functional than the iPhone because of its open nature. There is a learning curve, but it's not too bad.

kmo

Reaction score
"WeakChopper" I agree with your statement especially 1.) and 3.) but there will continue to be "Apple Fans" (kind of like a cult haha) for a very long time, it's like a religion for some. I for one love the versatility of my INC and will continue to be very happy with my purchase...that being said I do use a Macbook and love it, but am not a "branded" kind of consumer. I buy what suits my needs...

Scblacksunshine

Reaction score
Hate Apple with a passion...I know iphone 3g/3GS is popular and many people I know have one...but then again Ed Hardy is pretty popular too and we all know what type of douchebag wear Ed Hardy. IMHO I see general iphone users about the same as Ed Hardy wearer, all about being trendy and popular....The iphone itself is actually adecent piece of hardware just sad that Apple/Jobs is such a control freak over the market. Maybe that's the reason why I have a little bit more respect for people that actually jailbreak the iphone :p

jjprusk

Reaction score
iPhone features

Im going out on a limb here but im pretty sure everyone who says iphone over the incredible or android doesnt know how to use android and then just goes on to say the iphones better.. the incredible has ALL the features of the iphone and alot more.. hey at least google didnt make you wait 2+ years to enable the ability to send an mms.. oh and wait isnt the iphone the only smartphone that wont get full flash support?? hmmm itunes sync you say? cant do it with android? has anyone heard of doubletwist??? guess not.. hey iphone lovers what does insurance cost for the iphone? oh yeah thats right no insurance for iphone... just proves my point that alot of people dont research how to accomplish things with there android smartphone... its open source so if you want to be able to do something that doesnt come stock on the phone theres usually an app for it.. oh there is one thing.. you can use web and make a phone call on att network good enough reason for me to switch im going to att right now pm me if you want to buy my android phone!!!!

Nice picture - sounds like you may have some person problems??

Anyway, please explain how I connect to CalDAV calendars? Given, per your comments, that Android can do everything that the iPhone can do - I'm all ears here. This is one lacking feature that forced me to return the Incredible and go back to my iPhone.

So given your wisdom, oh wise one, please enlighten me...

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One doesn't have to lose, for the other to win. Iphone doesn't need to win. Android phones don't need to win. Killing the other off does nothing but take out the competition that we need to have new innovation for new phone technology.
Iphone is great, we wouldn't even have our droids if apple didn't push it out. The phone industry was stagnate and stale. Apple started the ball rolling and now here we are.

We need competition and for that we need both of these company's to succeed, because the more they succeed the more we will succeed in having new more powerful phones.

So please, lets stop with this pointless bickering on which one is better, we need both. :icon_ poke:

ksfrogman

Reaction score
Reasons I own an Incredible, not an iPhone, Blackberry or Windows phone.

- #1, it's on Verizon's network. Above all, I need a phone with a reliable connection.
- I have an iPod touch for my movies and music.
- Like Apple, Google's approach to software design is clean. I use Google Business Solutions, Google mail, and other Google apps for my business. I'm hoping to integrate those functions.
- Blackberry (off-topic) has dial-up modem speed Internet browsing. Faster CPU needed.
- Microsoft (off-topic) has no clue when it comes to keeping things simple. They have a history of adding bells and whistles, and their OS on the Palm Treo tried to make that smartphone a computer, at the expense of the phone.

- Sense UI offers more flexible customizability of home screens. I also LOVE the clock and weather widgets on my home page. iPhone doesn't offer this.
- Incredible allows you to change out the battery. Can't do this with iPhone, iPod, iWhatever. I look forward to upgrading my battery to 2150 mAh.
- Sense UI has ability to view Adobe Flash; can't see this on iPhone.
- Incredible has an awesome camera with 2 LEDs for flash. iPhone has decent camera, but no flash.
- Screen on Incredible has better resolution, but I don't really care. iPhone is good enough.

Overall, I like the look and feel of the Incredible. It scrolls smoothly, pinch and zoom now work with android 2.1, and it does just about everything I would like to do on an iPhone. The battery life is poor, but realize I came from a Blackberry. I wish there was a way to underclock the CPU to make the battery last even longer.

p.s. I have no dislike of Apple products: I have owned an Apple II Plus, Apple //e, Mac, FatMac, Mac IISi, and now have a G4 Powerbook and Macbook Pro. I also have several PCs. I like everything.

ksfrogman

Reaction score
Hate Apple with a passion...I know iphone 3g/3GS is popular and many people I know have one...but then again Ed Hardy is pretty popular too and we all know what type of douchebag wear Ed Hardy. IMHO I see general iphone users about the same as Ed Hardy wearer, all about being trendy and popular....The iphone itself is actually adecent piece of hardware just sad that Apple/Jobs is such a control freak over the market. Maybe that's the reason why I have a little bit more respect for people that actually jailbreak the iphone :p

Hey, what are you doing here? Hahaha. I read your post a few times, then I noticed your screen name. Small world.

claustin

Reaction score
I really think you should wait to make your decision until next month when the new iPhone is announced. That being said, I'm giving pluses of each based on the 4th Gen iPhones announced features.

Incredible - Verizon's network, open app store allows for greater range of apps (although not necessarily better quality), customization, Sense UI's polish of Android OS. You don't have to worry as much about updates killing your phone if you root.

iPhone 4th Gen - Tight operating system, controlled system makes for more tightly integrated user experience and easy syncing of data, new dedication to gaming. Still gotta give iPhone the nod on ease of use.

iPhone OS 4.0 pretty much takes care of multitasking. You can call it not true multitasking but my guess is in practice nobody's going to notice, and if you do, then jailbreak it. The hardware thing is going to be moot. I'm thinking iPhone G4 will have better hardware than the Incredible. More on par with the Evo probably. All that being said I have an Incredible and love it. It's the best phone Verizon has. I don't see myself jumping to another phone from Verizon unless the iPhone comes along, and at that point I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of Verizon's lineup at that time.

All in all, wait a month, then decide.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I really think you should wait to make your decision until next month when the new iPhone is announced. That being said, I'm giving pluses of each based on the 4th Gen iPhones announced features.

Incredible - Verizon's network, open app store allows for greater range of apps (although not necessarily better quality), customization, Sense UI's polish of Android OS. You don't have to worry as much about updates killing your phone if you root.

iPhone 4th Gen - Tight operating system, controlled system makes for more tightly integrated user experience and easy syncing of data, new dedication to gaming. Still gotta give iPhone the nod on ease of use.

iPhone OS 4.0 pretty much takes care of multitasking. You can call it not true multitasking but my guess is in practice nobody's going to notice, and if you do, then jailbreak it. The hardware thing is going to be moot. I'm thinking iPhone G4 will have better hardware than the Incredible. More on par with the Evo probably. All that being said I have an Incredible and love it. It's the best phone Verizon has. I don't see myself jumping to another phone from Verizon unless the iPhone comes along, and at that point I'll have to weigh the pros and cons of Verizon's lineup at that time.

Don't be too sure of the new iPhone having equal or greater hardware than the incredible. The reason is simply that Apple does not want to cannibalize their iPad sales. For the new iPhone to have equal hardware would require a 1Ghz processor (same as iPad) and a larger screen of at least 3.7". At this point other than the larger screen there would be NO need for an iPad seeing the performance of the new iPhone would be IDENTICAL. Personally I don't believe that Steve Jobs will do that just because he will want to keep both product lines viable.

oakindustries

Reaction score

Don't be too sure of the new iPhone having equal or greater hardware than the incredible. The reason is simply that Apple does not want to cannibalize their iPad sales. For the new iPhone to have equal hardware would require a 1Ghz processor (same as iPad) and a larger screen of at least 3.7". At this point other than the larger screen there would be NO need for an iPad seeing the performance of the new iPhone would be IDENTICAL. Personally I don't believe that Steve Jobs will do that just because he will want to keep both product lines viable.

Although I loathe the iphone I agree with your statement. The current iphone runs pretty damn well considering it has lesser hardware than the incredible.

Darkseider

Reaction score

Although I loathe the iphone I agree with your statement. The current iphone runs pretty damn well considering it has lesser hardware than the incredible.

Yes it does run well but you also have to put that into perspective. The current iPhone does NOT multi-task at all and only has one app running at a time. If you were to jailbreak the iPhone and get that bugger running a few apps simultaneously you would see it slow down alot. Not to mention that there are no desktop widgets that dynamically update. Live wallpapers, themed interfaces, etc... Throw all of that on a iPhone PLUS multi-tasking and watch how well it doesn't perform.

Scblacksunshine

Reaction score

Hey, what are you doing here? Hahaha. I read your post a few times, then I noticed your screen name. Small world.

haha, small world...:)