Droid Incredible or iPhone4g

Darkseider

Reaction score
The only thing the iPhone has more of is Apps in the market and that gap is closing fairly quickly.

Actually that gap is nowhere near closing and wont ever close. The iPhone has a lot more developers interested in it because of Android having so many different versions and devices. Making their apps compatible with all of these Devices and different versions of OS's would be a big pain in the A$$.

This is the main thing the iPhone has over Android but i dont need that many apps on my Incredible. If i really wanted apps that bad i could just go buy an iPod touch and use iPhone apps over WiFi.
\

Actually App compatibility isn't really that big of a concern anymore. Starting with Android 1.6 to current 99.9% of all apps work across these devices. Android 1.5 is the problem child at the moment but hopefully by years end all devices will be running at least 2.1 or better. As for the different hardware and resolution that is becoming less of a problem as well due to more and more devs becoming more comfortable and competent. By years end the whole "fragmentation" argument in the Android marketplace will be null and moot.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Apple shot itself In the foot when it signed a FIVE YEAR exclusivity deal with AT&T. If they hadn't done that many droid fans on this board would probably have iPhones, i know i would. But they did sign one, and now they have a large android faithful subscriber base to battle when and if the iphone ever comes to verizon. It may not wind up mattering though, because the opinions of us phone geeks rarely line up with those of the average consumer.

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Ya this thread is kind of pointless, the iphone 4g isnt out yet...Personally I know a lot of people with iphones and like everyone says the coverage sucks...Who cares if the phone kicks Ass if you cant make a call (which is the sole purpose of the cell phone anyways)...As of right now I think the Inc is one if not the best phone on the market right now, period. Yes in a few months it probably wont be but as of now I consider it to be. We can all speculate about the future but whats the point. If apple really wanted to make some big bucks they would of licensed their OS out to different phone manufactures similar to what google has done. Then they would really be dominating the market. Someone over there f'd up

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea....someone f'ed up big time. I never really thought about it til recently. I mean....they figure it works for their desktop OS, it should work for their phone OS. Only time will tell if they did make a mistake.

I wonder if they change tunes with the phone OS, will the desktop OS follow...

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Yea....someone f'ed up big time. I never really thought about it til recently. I mean....they figure it works for their desktop OS, it should work for their phone OS. Only time will tell if they did make a mistake.

I wonder if they change tunes with the phone OS, will the desktop OS follow...

Does it work for their desktop? I think if they licensed Mac OS X out as well it would be more beneficial to them in the long run. I love macs, I use to have a mac, but when it came time for a new laptop, I went with a pc because I'm not going to pay 1k more for the same performance. And windows 7 actually is pretty damn good.

brackett5

Reaction score
I am a phone junkie. I have had the Storm, the Iphone 3GS (ATT service sucks), Blackberry Bold, and now I have the Droid. My Incredible is coming this monday or tuesday. I Love my Moto Droid!! This is how I look at it; Apple was the leader of the smartphone era when it came out with the IPhone, no doubt about that. The thing is though since the first one, they have been nothing but behind now. They concentrated so much on tiny little apps and bells and whistles that they ignored basic functions. They finally got MMS months after the release of the 3rd addition of the IPhone. Now they are promising Multimedia and little personalization to the 4G. By the time they get it get it to be fully personalized something better will be out there they will have to catch up on. I am not an IPhone hater, this is just my opinion as a cell phone addict.
Some one said that there will be something better than the incredible out in a few months and that might be true, but I think its always been that way and always will. Once you think you have the coolest phone out today......here comes one better. I think a person should choose the phone that suites them best, not whats the coolest or top rated.
I personally just dont like the design of the software on the IPhone. Thats just me. I LOVE the Android OS!!! It fits what I want in a smartphone or any phone for that matter.

Hope this helps.