Droid Incredible or iPhone4g

Darkseider

Reaction score

Eli

Reaction score
Well if you ain't touching AT&T give up hope on the Galaxy S because it is a GSM only phone.

Sorry, but according to all recent reports, you are wrong. Galaxy S will be coming to all major US carriers, including Verizon.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well if you ain't touching AT&T give up hope on the Galaxy S because it is a GSM only phone.

Sorry, but according to all recent reports, you are wrong. Galaxy S will be coming to all major US carriers, including Verizon.

According to some recent reports the Nexus One was coming to verizon too. We all see how that worked out in the end now didn't we?:icon_eek:

Eli

Reaction score
According to some recent reports the Nexus One was coming to verizon too. We all see how that worked out in the end now didn't we?:icon_eek:

Well, even according to google the N1 was coming to Verizon. Of course now it looks like its not. Who knows, the Galaxy S may not come to Verizon, or it may. Current reports are that it will come to verizon, but at the end of the year. Most likely I am going to get the incredible. But I am going to wait till July so I have a better idea how things will shake out.

Mercutio

Reaction score
If you like to fiddle with gadgets, then the Incredible would be far superior. If you just want it to work, I'd give a slight edge to the iPhone - but they'll likely be more even in this respect than most would like to admit.

I think that the iPhone has a clear lead in aesthetics.

App selection is closer than most think; the iPhone has far far superior games and wider support, but Android phones have many apps - such as Google Voice - which aren't on the iPhone.

If both were out, I may go iPhone4 simply for the change of pace. Interesting question though. I'm looking forward to getting the Incredible in my hands next week.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
If you like to fiddle with gadgets, then the Incredible would be far superior. If you just want it to work, I'd give a slight edge to the iPhone - but they'll likely be more even in this respect than most would like to admit.

I think that the iPhone has a clear lead in aesthetics.

App selection is closer than most think; the iPhone has far far superior games and wider support, but Android phones have many apps - such as Google Voice - which aren't on the iPhone.

If both were out, I may go iPhone4 simply for the change of pace. Interesting question though. I'm looking forward to getting the Incredible in my hands next week.

If/When the iPhone comes to Verizon i would probably buy one to test it out and see if i like it. With the Incredible and other upcoming devices it will be hard for the iPhone to keep up with Android now. Regardless the release of an iPhone on Verizon will wreck AT&T. AT&T's service sucks but a lot of people stay strictly for the iPhone. With the choice of having one on Verizon or AT&T i bet half of AT&T users will switch to Verizon due to Verizon's awesome network and the fact they can still have an iPhone.

mkzbdroid

Reaction score
Iphone 4g and ipad will be epic fail in my opinion if steve jobs keeps his course of a cut all ties to adobe aproach, I think Adobe even abandoned the Iphone flash project so looks like the tides might be turning away from the Censorship king!!! yay for android, oooo and wait for all the flashy tablets we will have this Christmas too!!apple for the Loss!

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
so sick of the iphone.. sorry apple but your just not that cool anymore.. no widgets? really?? all apps in your face all day?? no thx.

i hope they try an app drawer and get sued by google.

the only thing the iphone does easy over android is take a snapshot pic of your desktop.. there has to be an app for that ... right?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No Flash? Thats the only thing making me not get the Incredible with its FM Radio. Cuz for me it's basically FM Radio vs. slide out keyboard. That is my main deliimma from here on out on the Droid phones. Apple has no alternatives for Flash? Wtf are they doing.....

Damn, If I even remotely thought about wanting an iPhone.....yall convinced me. :clap:

Apple....iPhone.....u hear that?.......those footsteps coming from behind u?......get ready...

Resistance....

is....

Futile.......

I just saw this...it made me LOL literally..

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...ving_employees_android_phones_with_flash.html

kmo

Reaction score
My wife has an iphone 3g-s and she is a bit jealous that my Incredible does things her iphone can't do. I've played with the iphone and IMO it has nothing over on the Incredible, accept for more apps. At least for the moment, the way apps are being developed it won't take long to narrow the gap. Plus my wife's iphone drops calls frequently. The one thing I don't experience. We'll see what the new iphone 4g has to offer but I feel that the INC will be a great device for me. Soooo glad that Verizon has finally got some devices that compete in this market and that I didn't have to resort to buying an iphone.

Reaction score
The only thing the iPhone has more of is Apps in the market and that gap is closing fairly quickly.

THAT is the only thing Apple has over us. Android platform imo is far superior and in the next year will surely give Apple a run for their money (wait, they actually have already....hmmm multitasking on the iphone, who thought of that??). Reason why I quoted you is because I believe Apple has nearly 200,000 apps and Android just 50,000 (from a recent survey) however I wonder about the data of Android apps, I mean we all see those many pointless and repetitive apps (sexy women, half-naked women, wallpapers of every single thing as an invidual app, etc) which Apple doesn't which I would say is the best thing the App store has. I would like if Android was able to "clean" some of these apps, and by that I mean delete the repetitive & useless ones out there. I don't want 50 apps of swedish women (I'd prefer 1 app that has all of that heh). Anyways, Android will dominate, just give them time.

Frunkis

Reaction score
On the iPhone, you can't install what Apple doesn't let you install. On Android, you can install whatever program you want, including some system-wide modifications as long as they don't require root privleges.

This single most important thing is why I chose the Incredible over jumping ship to AT&T for the iPhone. I have an iPod Touch and to do anything "interesting" with it, including useful third-party system extensions, you need to jailbreak it...which isn't bad except it's a pain in the $#& and is at constant risk of being rendered useless with every update.

For power users and Verizon customers, I will be recommending the Android platform over the flawed-by-design nature of the iPhone OS's application model.