Ready to root........ I think!

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Hey, yinz guys!

OK, sorry to beat this into the ground again, but I think I'm ready to attempt to root my Droid X, first time rooter and a bit nervous. I've seen numerous guides here and elsewhere, so I was wondering if someone could point me to a "definitive guide", detailed and complete. I think I confused myself by reading all the different procedures. I don't need you to write it all out yet AGAIN, but a link would be great.

My phone shows Android 2.3.3
System version 4.5.602.MBB10.Verizon.en.US

so I guess it's obvious to you advanced people that I'm on stock GB, and I took the update fix.

Do most people go back to FroYo and stay there, or go back to FroYo and then back to GB?

I'll think about ROMs and stuff later.....

TIA!

Dr Fatsides

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to sbf back to Froyo using the links in my signature. Then root using Z4 root, download the 2 part rooted GB files and use Droid2 bootstrap to install.

random rom'd X

sweenbeen

Reaction score
You need to sbf back to Froyo using the links in my signature. Then root using Z4 root, download the 2 part rooted GB files and use Droid2 bootstrap to install.

random rom'd X

No you don't. There is now an exploit in a one click fashion. Works on all moto devices.... google it my friend.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Dr Fatsides

Dr Fatsides

Reaction score
Google is my friend

Thanks, sweenbeen.

I see what you meant.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No you don't. There is now an exploit in a one click fashion. Works on all moto devices.... google it my friend.

Ok, what the hell does it matter? Z4 doesn't require a computer and is as easy as pressing permanent root.

random rom'd X

sweenbeen

Reaction score
It does not matter... but he listed that he was on GB with .602... i figured the one click root that came out last night would be the easiest and the quickest to go about doing rather than using the rooted release of GB.

Ok, what the hell does it matter? Z4 doesn't require a computer and is as easy as pressing permanent root.

random rom'd X

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I apologize. I didn't realize that worked for the DX on .596 or .602. I thought it was only for D3.

random rom'd X

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Ok, I apologize. I didn't realize that worked for the DX on .596 or .602. I thought it was only for D3.

random rom'd X

No worries. You need to read through it to find that they say it works for all Motorola devices... =P but have you rooted yet?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No worries. You need to read through it to find that they say it works for all Motorola devices... =P but have you rooted yet?

I've been rooted for awhile. I used the TBH all in one zip to go from CM7 Froyo kernel to rooted .602. Pretty cool if you don't want to sbf and you are running a custom ROM.

random rom'd X