From 4.5.605 GB (rooted) to CM 7.1

Venable

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking about installing the new CM release. I'm using a rooted DX with the recent 605 update. (I used the MotorolaOneClickRoot application to root the phone.)

I have backups of stock Froyo (rooted) and Gingerbread 602.

Can I just follow the instructions on the wiki page?
Motorola Droid X: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Or are there changes needed for 605 or CM7.1?

Is it sufficient to reinstall the stock Froyo from my backup or should I follow the explicit downgrading procedure here:

Thanks a lot in advance. This would be a first for me so I am (a) a bit nervous and (b) very appreciative of any help.

leftspin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking about installing the new CM release. I'm using a rooted DX with the recent 605 update. (I used the MotorolaOneClickRoot application to root the phone.)

I have backups of stock Froyo (rooted) and Gingerbread 602.

Can I just follow the instructions on the wiki page?

Or are there changes needed for 605 or CM7.1?

Is it sufficient to reinstall the stock Froyo from my backup or should I follow the explicit downgrading procedure here:

Thanks a lot in advance. This would be a first for me so I am (a) a bit nervous and (b) very appreciative of any help.

since you are on the .605 kernel you can't downgrade back to Froyo with just a backup, you will need to follow the SBF flashing instructions to get back to the Froyo (.340) kernel. Once you have done that you will be able to flash a Froyo kernel ROM

you can also flash CM4DX GB, which uses the GB kernel, download here: http://www.revnumbers.info/dx.html
download CM4DX Nightly Build 2011-08-28, updates can be found in ROM Toolbox or ROM Manager

comk4ver

Reaction score
Where did you get the cm 7.1 file all I get from rom manager is a blank screen I tried both droid x and droid x 2nd init... I tried the CyanogenMod website and there's nothing there under stable release... Help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
Where did you get the cm 7.1 file all I get from rom manager is a blank screen I tried both droid x and droid x 2nd init... I tried the CyanogenMod website and there's nothing there under stable release... Help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I got mine from the ROM toolbox, I have the paid version but I think you can download ROMs using the free one too

comk4ver

Reaction score
I got mine from the ROM toolbox, I have the paid version but I think you can download ROMs using the free one too
I tried gettting it from ROM Manager... and still no go although I heard on a different thread that CM nightly build 118 was actually cm 7.1 according to Gerrit Code Review any ideas if this version has the fm radio on there? Or where I can locate a version that works?

leftspin

Reaction score
I tried gettting it from ROM Manager... and still no go although I heard on a different thread that CM nightly build 118 was actually cm 7.1 according to Gerrit Code Review any ideas if this version has the fm radio on there? Or where I can locate a version that works?

The official builds still use the Froyo kernel, and the RevNumbers versions are on the GB kernel. I have only tried the RevNumbers versions so I'm not sure how the radio is, sorry

ColinZack

Reaction score
You want the latest RevNumbers build, 20111006

When I go into Rom Manager and then download ROM, the only one I see under Rev Numbers is CM4DX GB 20110928.I'd like to get to 2.3.7. I'm on the GB kernel

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
When I go into Rom Manager and then download ROM, the only one I see under Rev Numbers is CM4DX GB 20110928.I'd like to get to 2.3.7. I'm on the GB kernel

ROM Manager has not been updated in a while. You want to use ROM Toolbox by jrummy, it has the latest builds in it. The most current now is a 10-21-11 build, which I am currently running.