HELP! droid reboot loop

captkras

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a Moto Droid, running Froyo 2.2. I decided to brave the water and root my phone. That went well. Then I went to start installing the cyanogenMod. However, when I got th toe install SPRecovery step found on the wiki site

Full Update Guide - Motorola Droid - CyanogenMod Wiki

My phone no longer saw that I was plugged in via USB, it says I have 0% power on my battery, and I am getting the following two messages...

"This feature does not support the current system version"

and

"Process sytem is not responding"

RSD Lite says for status "Please manually power up this phone".

HELP!!!!!

OP
C

captkras

Reaction score
I powered my droid down, and left it connected all night. I then found

VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03. sbf

and reverted to 2.0.1. At least it's seeing the USB connection and is powering the battery, and is no longer rebooting.

Next step is to get it to 2.2 again.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it :happy:

Let us know if you get stuck

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Usually a boot loop means you need to wipe both cache and data. In your case since you are not rooted, or I don't believe you are you may want to initiate a Factory Data Reset our of your privacy section in your settings. Only do this is you get the boot loop again.

OP
C

captkras

Reaction score
I have it back to 2.0.1 now. cleared the cache, and it appears to be factory reset (had to re-enter my google account). Thankfully, I used astro to backup my apps, and was able to get them reinstalled.

It isn't updating to 2.2 though. Got the update file, but am getting the following:

E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys" || file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2-update/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Any thoughts on this?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you Stock 2.0.1 or Rooted 2.0.1

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
C

captkras

Reaction score
Stock I believe, as I don't get a root prompt.

Used the VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03. sbf

file.

OP
C

captkras

Reaction score
Oh yeah, cleared both data and cache, still got the same error.

I WAS running 2.2 stock, prior to my root attempt.

OP
C

captkras

Reaction score
I just answered my own question.... (see this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-stock-help/91607-update-2-0-1-2-2-issues.html#post935260 )

the answer is YES! If you are on stock 2.0.1 and want to get to 2.2, it looks like you need to first go to 2.1.

I thought that might be the case as the asert is looking to see if you are at on 2.1, and not below. That was the part that was failing.

I got my 2.1 image ( signed-voles-ESE81-from-ESD56.fa406da6.zip ) from

signed-voles-ESE81-from-ESD56.fa406da6.zip

copied it to my SD card, renamed it to update.zip, went to recovery mode, and installed it, just like any other manual update, and then I was on 2.1.

Grabbed the stock 2.2 update.zip image, rebooted to recovery a second time, and now back to stock 2.2.

Now do I dare trying to root and install a custom ROM, which got me farked in the first place....

harrellj

Reaction score
How were you rooting your phone in the first place?