Boots once then M loop

v0idzer0

Reaction score
A friend gave me his old droid, said it was broke and gave it to me.

When powered on it shows the M logo sits there for a few seconds and reboots back to the M logo.

I figured something when bad with the software so used RSD Lite (and various guides) I flashed to stock (VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf).

This worked, sorta. When RSD reboots the phone, it boots right up. RSD stays at 100% saying "Please manually power up this phone".
The phone has some issues:
1) Baseband version is "Unknown"
2) The phone says "no service".
3) Tried a *228 phone says Not registered on network.

After this point if I reboot or power off the phone it will not start again. It will simply get stuck in a M reboot loop.

I would like some advice on what else I can try to fix the phone.

Thank You.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A friend gave me his old droid, said it was broke and gave it to me.

When powered on it shows the M logo sits there for a few seconds and reboots back to the M logo.

I figured something when bad with the software so used RSD Lite (and various guides) I flashed to stock (VZW_A855_ESD20_QSC6085BP_C_01.3B.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf).

This worked, sorta. When RSD reboots the phone, it boots right up. RSD stays at 100% saying "Please manually power up this phone".
The phone has some issues:
1) Baseband version is "Unknown"
2) The phone says "no service".
3) Tried a *228 phone says Not registered on network.

After this point if I reboot or power off the phone it will not start again. It will simply get stuck in a M reboot loop.

I would like some advice on what else I can try to fix the phone.

Thank You.

After flashing the 2.0.1 .sbf, which is what I think you did. You must then activate the phone to an active plan.

if you have an account try *228 option 1

OP
V

v0idzer0

Reaction score
I do have an active plan (and the phone is on it) but I have been unable to perform the activate call (*228)
When using the stock 2.0.1 and I try to do *228 I immediately get "Not registered".

Just for the heck of it I flashed SP Recovery and installed a froyo rom to see what the phone would do and now it boots every single time however it still says "No service" and is not able to activate and the baseband still says "Unknown".
I wonder if the radio is somehow messed up.

Anyone have any ideas?
I am willing to try anything.
Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you have the Droid registered, I think a call to VZW customer service may get your activation resolved. They can push a refresh to your phone which, hopefully, will get you service.

Let us know how you make out.
Mike