I need help...

AnthonyZul

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what happened. I posted in a couple other locations before I discovered this forum.

My phone won't stop rebooting. I don't see the "M" logo, but the boot animation is on a continuous loop. I can't get the phone to boot into recovery mode, I can't get it to boot up the bootloader. I can't use sbf because I don't have access to a PC, and I can't find a mac version of RSD lite.

I don't know what to do, and I need to help fast.

Steve H

Reaction score
I'd do a battery pull and wait a couple of minutes then try again. If that fails (and you are not rooted) call Verizon tech support.

Reaction score
Since your signature says your rooted if the above post doesn't work then i'd boot into recovery and date wipe/cache wipe and then restore from a nandroid backup

OP
A

AnthonyZul

Reaction score
I did that. It failed. I actually went to the VZW store with it because I couldn't even get it to turn on. They somehow got it to turn on and noticed the custom boot animation and wouldn't help me further. But I can't get it past the boot animation.

OP
A

AnthonyZul

Reaction score
Thank you! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I don't know exactly what happened. I posted in a couple other locations before I discovered this forum.

My phone won't stop rebooting. I don't see the "M" logo, but the boot animation is on a continuous loop. I can't get the phone to boot into recovery mode, I can't get it to boot up the bootloader. I can't use sbf because I don't have access to a PC, and I can't find a mac version of RSD lite.

I don't know what to do, and I need to help fast.

What did you do before it started this boot loop?

Could be something simple like a low battery and now it can't boot properly. Try leaving it on the wall charger for a few hours and see if you can boot up then.

OP
A

AnthonyZul

Reaction score
You know, I had it charging all night with the wall charger. I have absolutely no idea what happened. It was literally just laying on the table and suddenly began looping. The only app that I installed before this happened was Sports Tap. Which was about a day prior to this happening.

However, I DID get it fixed.

Here is what I did. I pulled the battery and when I went to put it back in I noticed that it automatically turned itself on and I could see the "M" logo again. However, no matter what I did I couldn't get into recovery. So I pulled the battery again, but this time I held X and power at the same time with one hand. With the other hand I slid the battery into place. As soon as the logo came up, I pressed the camera/up buttons and managed to get the recovery symbol. But the phone rebooted the second that I let go of the buttons. After the 4th time this happened, I held the volume up button, which for some reason kept it from rebooting and could then go navigate the recovery screen. I wiped data and cache, then did a restore.

Everything seems to be OK again..

Thnks for all the help everyone..

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You know, I had it charging all night with the wall charger. I have absolutely no idea what happened. It was literally just laying on the table and suddenly began looping. The only app that I installed before this happened was Sports Tap. Which was about a day prior to this happening.

However, I DID get it fixed.

Here is what I did. I pulled the battery and when I went to put it back in I noticed that it automatically turned itself on and I could see the "M" logo again. However, no matter what I did I couldn't get into recovery. So I pulled the battery again, but this time I held X and power at the same time with one hand. With the other hand I slid the battery into place. As soon as the logo came up, I pressed the camera/up buttons and managed to get the recovery symbol. But the phone rebooted the second that I let go of the buttons. After the 4th time this happened, I held the volume up button, which for some reason kept it from rebooting and could then go navigate the recovery screen. I wiped data and cache, then did a restore.

Everything seems to be OK again..

Thnks for all the help everyone..

glad you got it fixed :icon_ banana: