RAZR went for a swim.

Willheis

Reaction score
This morning I had my razr sitting on my speakers in my bathroom which are above my toilet (you can see where this is going.) Apparently the speakers vibrated my phone over the edge and it took a quick swim in the bowl. I got it out almost immediately after it fell in. It had fully submerged but only for a second. What is the best procedure for dealing with a phone dropped in water? It is currently sitting in a bag of rice since this morning.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
You are doing the best thing. Rice typically does an excellent job sucking out any moisture that got in there.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yep again to drive it home since these batteries are not removable turn the phone OFF and let it dry a couple days.

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I'll leave it in the rice for a few more days. Gonna be hard not having my phone with me. :[ I do have insurance though, so if worst comes to worst, I can at least get a replacement phone.

MathGuy5150

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, mine went for a swim too (in a pond, not the toilet). I left out off for two weeks and suffered through having to reactivate my OG Droid in the meantime. At any rate, I plugged it in the other day, and it's back to normal. I hope you have the same luck.

Ben_J_H

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better, mine went for a swim too (in a pond, not the toilet). I left out off for two weeks and suffered through having to reactivate my OG Droid in the meantime. At any rate, I plugged it in the other day, and it's back to normal. I hope you have the same luck.

Haha... I dropped my SII in a lake and put in rice and it works fine too

Also... WELCOME! Glad to have you here :) Please enjoy

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I guess it could have been worse, dropping it in the toilet and having it NOT get wet.........I know, takes a minute. Yuck:blink:

Good luck with it man, don't forget to chuck the rice.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My son's old phone (voyager) got lost at school during his fall semester. Found it weeks later, in the school parking lot, after the snow melted, buried in dead leaves. He put it in rice for a week, not expecting any miracles but worth a shot (I don't think he liked the old phone he was going to be stuck with while he waited for his upgrade). Very surprisingly the phone started up and he used it for about a year while he waited for his upgrade.

View attachment 50618

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
Willheis

Willheis

Reaction score
Well, I wound up leaving mine in rice for a day and then powered back on. Everything seems to be working perfect! Probably should have left in in a little longer but I couldn't wait. Lol I guess all that "water proofing" stuff moto did actually works.

perry1976

Reaction score
I feel very lucky right now

I woke up this morining and was having a pretty bad morning already. Then all of a sudden my phone came out of my hands and it fell straight in the toilet. I lost it. All it would do was start and restart. Nothing else. I thought, "well I might as well try the old bag of rice trick". At first it did nothing. However, after a while the home screen showed up. This was great but I could not get past the home screen. The slide feature was not responding. So back in the bag of rice. I am happy to say that now a mear 8 hours later my phone works as good as it ever has. I am so happy and amazed that it worked on a Razr Maxx with the enclosed battery. Rice is your friend :hail:

Perry

perry1976

Reaction score
Put in a bowl of dry rice grains on top of your water heater for 12 or 18 hrs. Might very well save it if you didn't kill it trying to restart it wet.

I actually did try repeatidly to restart it. But it did come back on and it is working perfectly. I am very lucky, blessed....whatever you want to say. I am so happy to have my phone back!