water damage to my droid, need advice please :(

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
no i have done a side by side test with two blackberry storms... put them both in a glass of water for 15 seconds then let one sit on the counter for 3 days and the other in rice for 3 days... both worked fine after the three days. So a phone sitting on the counter for a few days will give the same effect as putting it in rice.

Like I said, to each their own. It worked for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. Just because you do something different does not mean what you do will work for everyone either.

SquintyOS

Reaction score
I posted this in another topic. Hope this helps?

I'm going to give you some advice but I will take no blame if this screws your phone up. When I was starting out college, I jumped into a pool with my Moto Slvr and was unknowingly in the water with it in my trunks pockets for about to hours. Just like everyone does when ANYTHING happens to there electronics, they're like "Oh no! My <please insert electronic here> has <insert typical accident here>." Yes. It did happen to me. Yes I did freak. but did I get a new phone? Nope. A friend of mine told me to do what he did with PC parts when he was in college- bake them. Kinda weird but works.

Instructions (for the noobs)
1. Do NOT turn on phone.
2. Pull out battery.
3. Place phone screen down on oven rack. (Do NOT put battery or the battery door in with it.)
4. Set oven on lowest possible temperature.
5. Bake in intervals of 20 minutes with periodical checkups
6. After 3-4 intervals of baking set phone (still face down) on warm surface over night.

Yes. I know you think I'm crazy but both phones are similar materials and on the lowest temp, doesn't burn. (I've had to do it with my Droid recently, it worked) and when I did it with my slvr, the thing worked for 4 more months until dying from software malfunction.

Hopefully this will help you ou.

Cheers,
Squinty