HELP! HELP! Droid exposed to liqour! WATER DAMAGED?

JuliAnna718

New Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
HELP!!!!!
Water indicators on phone & battery are white with red X's
This past saturday at midnight i accidentally spilt Bacardi Grand Melon on my Verizon Droid. the screen was still lit perfectly normally but the touch screen was unresponsive due to the stickyness so i turned it off throughly cleaned removed the battery and put it in my purse to sit over night. the next morning i put the battery back in to check it. Everything was respondsive a flood or txts, voicemails ect. came in but when i pulled the light grey alert screen down to retrieve it i noticed the lower bottom half of the screen where it was mainly exposed had and almost stain like impression on it. everything was still visible but that area was darker then the rest. i didnt want to further damage it so i removed the battery once again and laid it out to dry until i was able to get home and put it in a bowl of rice. its been over 24 hours since ive turned it on for and extendend period of time due to i turned it on quickly today to check progress although i only check the main black motoralla screen and it appeared that the stain had shrank but is still there. IS MY DROID DAMAGED FOREVER??? i put the blow dryer to it for a minute or 2 today and yesterday and it is currently sitting in the dashboard of my car in the sun battery side up with the battery beside it.
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2010
Messages
718
Reaction score
0
Damn sorry to hear about your droid =( word to the wise if your gonna party, leave the droid at home. I hope you can fix the problem
 

HarshReality

Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
[video=youtube;RkjBesGaaNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjBesGaaNo"]YouTube - Best Funeral Ever (Faked for April Fool's 2009)[/video]
 

dro

Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
177
Reaction score
0
Location
Minneapolis
Sounds like moisture got under the screen, it will get better. It may go away entirely, or you may be stuck with it. It might almost be worth it to just get it replaced (if you have insurance) since it will most likely be sticky forever from all the sugar in that crap. Also, I would stay away from heating it up by any method to dry it out, stick with the white rice. Droids do not play well with high temps. Finally, sounds like your wet sensors are ok. Upon activation, the red dye will bleed out into the white paper.
 
Last edited:
OP
J

JuliAnna718

New Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thanks hook that thread really help me. i went and got desiccant silica packets from DSW and im putting them ina ziplock baggie over night hopefully it will pull the moisture out from the screen. & yeah i see what your talkin about with the stickyness the keyboard is really resistant now...
 
Top