nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Anyone have actual experience as to how much more battery the Max has?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My phone will run the internet for almost 14 hours straight. Without charging..... that's the maxx

sent from my RAZR MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I got my phone off the charger at 5 am... I still have 80% battery left right now.

sent from my RAZR MAXX

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It is easily doubled if not more...

~it's not just a phone~

jdroid80

Reaction score
My wife has the maxx and her battery is pretty impressive. It's still pretty thin, although I can tell the difference when I put it in my pocked and hold it. She keeps in her purse though so it's not a big deal. I have the first RAZR and since the update I've gotten even better battery life than before with 4g on. So it really depends if you need the extra battery.

If you get the maxx though you still have to maintain the battery level and keep it charged. Because it took over 4 1/2 hours to charge it when she forgot to.

mcsoul

Reaction score
If I used wireless hotspot, or for some other reason needed to keep background sync and internet on when the screen is off, I'd go maxx.

But if your just making calls, playing a few games and can sync email when you look at the display only; I'd go thin. Because my regular
RAZR lasts all day long as long as smart actions are enabled.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Wow that pisses me off thaat I spent a small fortune on the rzr then they came out with a way better version like a week later.

The battery sucks on this thing.

Dammit

BullysonRazor

Reaction score
If I used wireless hotspot, or for some other reason needed to keep background sync and internet on when the screen is off, I'd go maxx.

But if your just making calls, playing a few games and can sync email when you look at the display only; I'd go thin. Because my regular
RAZR lasts all day long as long as smart actions are enabled.

I agree with you..all I wanted was a phone that would last me all day at work and some which ill pull 12 to 13 hours with heavy to moderate usages on a 8 hour shift. Then as I get home to unwind my phone is on the charger. Smart actions is truly a practical app

iguanad

Reaction score
I easily get through an entire day on the regular RAZR battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mcsoul

Reaction score
This is going to sound stupid, but I'd rather be at 40% after a full day of usage right before bed than at 80%.
at 80% I feel weird putting it on the charger while I'm asleep, 60% or less go ahead and charge it. If I let
it sit overnight at 80% without charging sometimes it does not make it through the next day. On the original
thin RAZR I have to work at using the battery, the maxx would just throw off my routine.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
This is going to sound stupid, but I'd rather be at 40% after a full day of usage right before bed than at 80%.
at 80% I feel weird putting it on the charger while I'm asleep, 60% or less go ahead and charge it. If I let
it sit overnight at 80% without charging sometimes it does not make it through the next day. On the original
thin RAZR I have to work at using the battery, the maxx would just throw off my routine.
If you only used 20% Day 1, why would you use the remaining 80% Day 2. Seems like you could just go two days without charging. In addition, when it's at 40%, do you wake up the moment it's 100% charged? I would think not. So regardless, your phone is still attached to the wall when it's 100% charged.

Cinoib

Reaction score
The first day I got the Maxx (came from the Bionic with the extended battery as sold through Verizon $25), I cooked the battery by 13:00. I took it off the charger at 05:30 AM. The next day, I ran on 3g all day. I got through the day but at 6pm, i was at 15%. I watched movies, I blogged, I did several speed tests. I was at the thing the entire morning. I don't think I ever even let the screen go dark. All of that on the first day...

It's kind of like Scuba diving. Your first trip into the cave, you'll use the entire tank in no time at all. Then as you learn to pace yourself, you get further into the cave. I have yet to play with smart actions. I don't know s about that.

The biggest thing about the Maxx is that it's not that big.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I picked up the Razr last Saturday on an impulse upgrade from Costco. Tax on only the price of the phone and no mail in rebates was an offer I couldn't pass up. I love the phone!

Went back today to see if my lack of research was going to cause me to stick with this phone. Evidently I have 90 days to exchange the phone for another, only paying the difference in phone price if any.

I'll be going back and getting the Maxx as soon as they get it in, should be about two weeks.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I have been debating between the RAZR and the MAXX for 2 weeks... finally decided on the RAZR so I could get it in purple (dumb reason I know...) and then they came out with the BOGO on the RAZR and the MAXX. It makes more sense to get the maxx for the battery and the memory than it is to go for the color...especially with the BOGO. Bottom line I will be getting 2 Maxx's on Monday - the last day of the promo