FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
How much thicker is the razr max?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

According to specs, only 1.8mm (RAZR 7.1mm, MAXX 8.9mm).

Last edited:
OP
N

Nick80080

Reaction score
Hm.
Not THAAT much of a diffrence.
Kinda.
But thanks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huh? Kinda? It's only about a penny's thicker.

Penny 1.55mm, versus 1.8mm thicker for the MAXX, so yeah just ever so slightly more than an additional penny's thickness.

doggy2965

Reaction score
I switched from RAZR to Maxx. While Maxx is thicker it is actually is better balanced in my hand (not top heavy anymore).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I switched from RAZR to Maxx. While Maxx is thicker it is actually is better balanced in my hand (not top heavy anymore).

I can't switch because I bought the RAZR in November, but I'll simply wait until the replacement batteries and replacement backs for the MAXX are available and then do the switch. This way, I still have my RAZR, but I will have it MAXXed out! :icon_ lala:

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I can't switch because I bought the RAZR in November, but I'll simply wait until the replacement batteries and replacement backs for the MAXX are available and then do the switch. This way, I still have my RAZR, but I will have it MAXXed out! :icon_ lala:

That won't help, the chassis is thicker and a different design. Not just a thicker battery and cover.

Zandar

Reaction score
A better gauge of hand feel will be percentage thicker; not simply the number in mm. The RAZR Maxx is around 25% thicker at its thinnest than the RAZR. It's still a very thin phone, but the difference is noticeable and significant, from a design standpoint. The RAZR's thinness is revolutionary for this market, though, so even though the Maxx is 25% thicker it's still thinner than almost all other comers (iPhone 4S, GNex, Rezound, etc.); good job, Motorola!

Whether it matters to you or not depends on whether you need ultra-svelte or pretty-svelte-with-awesome-battery. I'm fine on battery on my OG RAZR and I love the feel of it, but if you even have a passing thought that you'll maybe want more battery the Maxx is a pretty easy choice.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That won't help, the chassis is thicker and a different design. Not just a thicker battery and cover.

Have you seen the inside of a MAXX yet in order to know this? I can't find any images or videos, but I didn't search yet today.