Razr Maxx OS vs G Nexus OS? Maxx Felt Snappier?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree a higher res screen might effect the speed of things. If thats the case....depending on what we do/dont do on our phones alot...some might not like the slowness IF its caused by the screen res.

And with the auto screen rotate being slower on my G Nex vs my RAZR when I had a G Nex...it could just be ICS needs a few more updates. I have a Rezound and the screen auto rotates fast on that too. So something like auto rotate isnt hurt by the higher screen res. I am putting my money on ICS needing a few more updates.

Although Moto has been doing stuff with the memory on their phones recently. Maybe tweaked memory is the reason? Still putting my money on ICS as the cause. We really wont know till the Rezound and RAZR get updated to ICS.

soulshot96

Reaction score
I think the auto rotate issue is caused by the 3 second delay in ics. I think its been fixed in 4.0.3 and 4.0.4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Never judge any phone by the performance of a display model. Only the Lord in Heaven knows what the hell has been done to them. Not to mention some displays don't even run a regular firmware.
This is also a good point.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
I find it funny that all these "slow" issues u guys are referring to are gone in 4.0.4. Also the nexus supports new instruction sets like NEON and one other I believe. Not sure if the razor supports it but I'm pretty sure the rezound does not. Afaik ICS is the first to support them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nadav64

Reaction score
Me and many more have opened a thread about how laggy ics is.
Just wait I'm sure they will fix it !

Htown315

Reaction score
The lag you all speak of was done on purpose to prevent unwanted rotations. All you have to do is switch launchers and its back to "normal". Lol I thought we debunked this months ago.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that all these "slow" issues u guys are referring to are gone in 4.0.4. Also the nexus supports new instruction sets like NEON and one other I believe. Not sure if the razor supports it but I'm pretty sure the rezound does not. Afaik ICS is the first to support them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thats the thing..has 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 ever officially came out for the G Nex? I dont really know, asking for those that do know.

The lag you all speak of was done on purpose to prevent unwanted rotations. All you have to do is switch launchers and its back to "normal". Lol I thought we debunked this months ago.

That fixes it when rotating in the Settings, when texting, in the web browser, etc? I no longer have a G Nex so I dont really know.

I dont really buy that its delayed that much to prevent unwanted rotations. One person said they like that its delayed that much.....to prevent unwanted rotations.....yet I never really heard ppl say their phones rotated too fast before ICS came out.

Htown315

Reaction score
Thats the thing..has 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 ever officially came out for the G Nex? I dont really know, asking for those that do know.

That fixes it when rotating in the Settings, when texting, in the web browser, etc? I no longer have a G Nex so I dont really know.

I dont really buy that its delayed that much to prevent unwanted rotations. One person said they like that its delayed that much.....to prevent unwanted rotations.....yet I never really heard ppl say their phones rotated too fast before ICS came out.

Idk man all I can tell you is that it was programed into the launcher to do that for a reason(even if it was overkill) and it is not an issue with the device. My phone rotates as fast as my D2 and D3 in every app that I can remember.