When will the reception issue get better?

ænyoc

Reaction score
You're right Art Vandelay, I haven't gotten better signal strengths or greater data speed with the new baseband.http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/155225.html Nice Seinfeld reference by the way, I'm actually watching it right now.
View attachment 45454

Everything from 1/5 is from my Nexus, the 12/2 is from my Thunderbolt.
View attachment 45453

I'm literally in the middle of nowhere for work right now (VZW is the only company that has reception out here). I'm bouncing between 0 & 1 bar of 3g.

View attachment 45455
View attachment 45456

Using Axi0m 2.3 and latest baseband. Don't know if Axi0m has anything to do with it as I haven't used gummy yet. Maybe you got one of the bad apples?

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
I can try a different ROM, I get pretty got pretty good 3G speeds on my Thunderbolt, iPhone and RAZR and my 4G hardly worked on my Thunderbolt but it worked pretty well on my RAZR. I might as well try a different rom, I don't really have anything to lose.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
Tried AXIOM, didn't help .

Does anyone think I could exchange my phone for a different one at the Verizon store, I bought it new on eBay but I don't have to tell them that. I have the box and everything.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could try, I would at least try to exchange once since some of us don't have the issue. I wish we could pinpoint why these issues happen with some people and not others, it's really troubling because we don't know if it's their local cell networks or the phones themselves. Hope you get your issues worked out and let us know what you end up doing so we can hopefully help others as well.

ænyoc

Reaction score
You could always try a warranty exchange, but I'm not sure if that's through VZW or Samsung. If you do though, return tour phone back to unrooted, stock & locked. There is a how to on rootzwiki. And don't say ANYTHING about ROMs, (un)locking, root, clockwork mod, etc... if they even think they sniff any modding on your part, you're stuck with the phone.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score

Does anyone think I could exchange my phone for a different one at the Verizon store, I bought it new on eBay but I don't have to tell them that. I have the box and everything.

Should be able to. Its under warrenty with the manufacturer.

A couple years back my brother got a blackberry on eBay and he was able to exchange it in store for a new one. I really don't think their is anyway for them to disprove you bought it from Verizon.

If they ask just say you were out of state and purchased it some place else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
You could always try a warranty exchange, but I'm not sure if that's through VZW or Samsung. If you do though, return tour phone back to unrooted, stock & locked. There is a how to on rootzwiki. And don't say ANYTHING about ROMs, (un)locking, root, clockwork mod, etc... if they even think they sniff any modding on your part, you're stuck with the phone.

Unless they changed it, the warranty exchange policy doesn't say anything about rooting your phone will void the warranty. Again, maybe they changed this, but I know at the time of my D1 this was policy.

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
I'll try to exchange with Verizon first. I know it's the phone, I just had the RAZR yesterday with no problems. My friend was also here today with his Incredible with no signal issue. Hopefully I can get a diferent one, I'll post back here if I do, I plan on going to the Verizon store on Saturday.

lazarus2297

Reaction score

you will have to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace it.. I bought a Revolution BNIB off ebay back when it came out and found out a couple days later the HDMI port didn't work... it took mulitple calls and supervisors and finally (longer story omitted) i got it replaced but it wasn't with a new one it was with a CLNR unit.. Their policy is not to replace it.. they will ask where you got it and even if you don't say eBay unless you have transaction info (i.e. receipt) they will most likely not replace it.. unless you get someone who is really cool..

ænyoc

Reaction score
Unless they changed it, the warranty exchange policy doesn't say anything about rooting your phone will void the warranty. Again, maybe they changed this, but I know at the time of my D1 this was policy.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/12/30/how-to-unlock-and-root-the-verizon-galaxy-nexus-easy-way/

http://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyNexus/comments/np4bz/does_fastboot_oem_unlock_void_the_warranty/

There are more, but general concensus is, it probably voids your warranty. Every unlock/root guide has this warning. But if you relock and return to stock, it avoids the confrontation. There are a few horror stories here and other forums of people returning their phone and VZW not accepting it because it was unlocked/rooted. One guy wasn't even unlocked, the manager just saw the rootzwiki app and blacklisted his phone for warranty support.

ænyoc

Reaction score
According to the AOSP site, "On Nexus One, the operation voids the warranty and is irreversible.

On Nexus S, Nexus S 4G, Xoom, and Galaxy Nexus, the bootloader can be locked back with

$ fastboot oem lock"

So I take that to mean if you relock your device and return it to stock, you're covered. But how much info does the averaged VZW employee know. The one with whom he is likely to attempt a warranty exchange. Again, better to avoid any confrontation and hide that you ever unlocked/rooted.

dustinslee

Reaction score
I think the phones have issues I am hoping a update will fix it. If not I will buy a razr retail or whatever has to be done and use it till its fixed! Sry venting

OP
skatingrocker17
Reaction score
The guy on "advanced technical support" told me to wait a day then call back. He mentioned that the replacement phone wouldn't ship out till the next day anyway so maybe there's hope.