Is the Nexus really all that?

alboboy10

Reaction score
From my understanding people who root and rom their phones have better battery life. I know my battery is absolutely horrible. I must have a defective battery. Or it could be my Android os being at 50%

Idk what it is but people with hacked phones are doing far better than I am battery life wise

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
From my understanding people who root and rom their phones have better battery life. I know my battery is absolutely horrible. I must have a defective battery. Or it could be my Android os being at 50%

Idk what it is but people with hacked phones are doing far better than I am battery life wise

Yea...forgot about battery life...lol. That to me is one of the biggest pluses to custom kernels, custom ROMs. I did root and under clock my RAZR to 1Ghz. I'm sure if I do the same to my Rezound I would have alot better battery life. Only thing about the custom ROM, kernel thing is finding a good combo for better battery life. Especially the kernel.

OP
adampalooza

adampalooza

Reaction score
So after much thought and consideration from ALL of your very helpful posts I am deciding to switch out to the Gnex. I have nearly all day access to outlets if need be but if battery life is going to be comparable to the OG droid then I'm pretty comfortable with when/how often I would need to charge as I was pretty good with battery management with the droid. The maxx for me was kind of overkill. I go without charging for nearly two days but compared to what I was used to kind of threw off my charging routines. I also like the ability to replace batteries on the Gnex.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So after much thought and consideration from ALL of your very helpful posts I am deciding to switch out to the Gnex. I have nearly all day access to outlets if need be but if battery life is going to be comparable to the OG droid then I'm pretty comfortable with when/how often I would need to charge as I was pretty good with battery management with the droid. The maxx for me was kind of overkill. I go without charging for nearly two days but compared to what I was used to kind of threw off my charging routines. I also like the ability to replace batteries on the Gnex.

good choice i am glad you have a phone you like .. nexus is a great phone .. enjoy it . and start flashing:icon_ lala:

OP
adampalooza

adampalooza

Reaction score
Actually, the only time I expect to have issues is the occasional weekend out of town where I still have access to outlets just not as often and was wondering if getting the Samsung 2100 mAh battery (for the longer charge) or getting one of the docks that come with an extra stock battery to charge while I'm away and swap out to not have to hook my phone up to an outlet would be a better choice?

Also, I do plan on rooting and using roms/kernels for fun and also to assist in battery life if that should have any influence on a battery replacement decision.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, the only time I expect to have issues is the occasional weekend out of town where I still have access to outlets just not as often and was wondering if getting the Samsung 2100 mAh battery (for the longer charge) or getting one of the docks that come with an extra stock battery to charge while I'm away and swap out to not have to hook my phone up to an outlet would be a better choice?

Also, I do plan on rooting and using roms/kernels for fun and also to assist in battery life if that should have any influence on a battery replacement decision.

i would suggest the extended battery, first off any extra battery life is a plus, and second of all it seems like the phone has a much better feel in the hand... i dont have a nexus myself yet but i've played around with ones with stock and extended battery and the extended battery just feels nicer