Did I make the right choice?

GoldenGophers

Reaction score
I had the Droid Razr Maxx for a month and really enjoyed it. However, I regretted not going with the GNex from the beginning. I finally sold the Maxx and picked up the Nexus. I knew I would take a big hit when it comes to battery, but figured all of the intangibles the Nexus had would out way the battery life. I love the display, ICS, ROMS, etc, but the signal strength, data loss and dropped calls are killing me! Did I make a bad decision to switch? Is there anything I can do to fix some of these problems? Any input would be appreciated!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
You trade a phone with great reception, that lasts all day long for a phone that supposedly has intangibles, but you can't use it as a phone? And it dies so quick that those intangibles do you no good. I'm sorry, but I'll take my Razr Maxx cellphone all day long over the Nexus.... I do hope you get the issues fixed though. I bet the Nexus is great for the most part.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
My Nexus is flawless after the 4.0.4 radios. I would try installing them. Most people have noticed improvements with the new radios. It fixed ALL of my signal/data issues.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Depending on how frequently you're dropping data it may be a hardware issue. I was following THIS thread over on another forum ... it was an interesting read.

As stated above, I also notice a GREAT improvement once I flashed the 4.0.4 ROM and Radios ... not sure you want to root the device first to test this out though ...

Good luck!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Still have my launch day Nexus and not a single problem. Rooted and ROM'd it and the battery lasts me all day.

captdroid

Reaction score
Still have my launch day Nexus and not a single problem. Rooted and ROM'd it and the battery lasts me all day.

+1 same here and two others the girlfriend and her Son no significant problems to report at this time. Two of these are running 4.0.4 and one is running 4.0.2 all stock ROM. We got ours around launch day and her Son just got his a week or so ago.

NatWu

Reaction score
I've heard people talking about these signal issues, but I've never had a problem, and I wouldn't give up mine for the world! Maybe you a should try trading it for another one.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Returned mine,got new one last nite(FedXpress)and no probs.Cut back on some of the apps,and getting better batt life.Now just waiting on 4.0.4 update. :biggrin:

OP
G

GoldenGophers

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will try 4.04 and see if it helps.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Thanks for the info. I will try 4.04 and see if it helps.

Hopefully 404 helps. If not, try exhanging for another phone. Many have reported things improving after trying a diffrerent phone. And yes, you did make the right choice! :biggrin:

jmcdonald

Reaction score
No issues with signal, battery life, dropped calls. Signal only improved with 4.04. Best android phone available by far. I will not go back to Motorola until they get rid of Blur and start shipping phones without encrypted bootloader.