RAZR ICS UPgrade caused MMS problem and disabled WIfi sending!

helron

Reaction score
Data Disabled?

I just tried to send a picture text.... a box popped up saying "Data Disabled.....MMS messages cannot be sent or recieved until your data access is re-enabled. Please check your data delivery settings to enable data connectivity"
So, I opened settings.....clicked on wireless and networks.....then clicked on mobile networks. The only option there is to Change to DATA ENABLED, which instantly activates LTE/4G! Well, prior to ICS, I was able to send txt with photos using my home WIRELESS mode. NO can do now! Any help is appreciated.

Forcing use of MOBILE versus WiFI at Home is awful!!!

I need some help to figure out what Im doing or not doing....

Thank you!

furbymac

Reaction score
Hmmm I am on ics and am not able to send mms while on wifi with stock app go SMS or handcent. I never got an error it just shows the looping circle like it it trying to send. But if there are issues on gb also maybe it is a verizon issue

furbymac

Reaction score
Upon further investigation if u are on wifi with data disabled no mms....wifi with data enables yes mms.... hmmmmmm

tracer

Reaction score
I'm still on GB and started getting the same message after I set up smart actions to go wifi only when at home

buck i

Reaction score
I believe that MMS messages can only be sent/received over cellular data, not wifi. If your phone is set to disable data when on wifi, you will have to manually enable data.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Moving to ICS

Tap'd from my Maxx

jaw1040

Reaction score
Disabled WiFi after ICS upgrade

I am having similar issues with my Maxx after the ICS upgrade. I was able to surf with home WiFi and anywhere else Wifi was available. I upgraded to ICS and the next day tried to get on Wifi. Before my WiFi icon would go blue once connected. Now it stays green and states it is connect and it has a valid IP address. I am able to ping it from my home network. I see the MAC address and it is correct in the router. I have tried the existing trouble shooting from Motorola and not dice.

Any one have suggestions?