Data Drop + Data Disabled

Trash Can

Reaction score
4G is out sporadically nationwide apparently. Lots of news on it online.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I guess it would help it I did a little more research before piling on. Thanks to you (and others) for the update.

satarecah

Reaction score
Np thats what the forums are here for :p to help people out!

bdoremus

Reaction score
Droid Razr drops data signal sporatically

i have a droid razr and when i have the network in the CDMA/LTE mode, sometimes when i am traveling between towers and it goes from 4G to 3G, it goes to 4 white bars with no data connection. if i go from 3G to 4G, it does the same thing. this does not happen all the time. but when it does, if i turn on airplane mode and turn it back off then the data signal will come back. if i don't do that then it takes along time before it will go back to data connection (sometimes not at all). It almost seems that ever since the system update to the razr, the issue got worse. the update was suppose to fix that issue. I also recently got error that SIM card authentification error. that day when i got the error, i brought my phone into verizon and i got new sim card and i have not got the sim card error since, but i still get data disconnect.

so at this point, i am not sure if it is the phone, sim card, or the verizon network that is causing this data connection disconnect. I have read that other people that own the razr is not getting this issue. so i am inclined to believe it is the phone that has the problem. Anyone have some ideas? should i replace my phone or what?

birdiebo

Reaction score
For whatever it's worth, I'm having the same problem, plus my device intermittently drops email settings, such as passwords. This is my second Razr. The strange thing is that these problems don't occur when I'm in a 3G-only area, or when I set the device to CDMA only. It's making the $300 for a 4G device seem a bit of a waste.:frown:

bogginblazer

Reaction score
Im dropping data on 3 and 4g eather way on my 2nd phone i really hope they fix this fast. I do love this phone but may be just should of gone to from my dx to the dx2 no 4g drop prob. And i loved my dx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ronnert

Reaction score
I have the same problem and discovered that by turning off and then back on the airplane mode, I could get data again. However, I do not consider this a solution and think there is some generic problem. I went to the local VZ shop and they couldn't help. Any other ideas??