Radio Update Necessary

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
Like most people with a rooted phone, i plan to run a froyo rom. but the 2.0 radio update seems very sketchy right now, and from what i've read it may not even be the same as the official one that is planned to soon be released. i want to install the pmf desensitized rom since i use launcher pro anyway, but it seems that thus far all froyo roms besides CM6 require an updated baseband. right now, i dont really want to update the baseband because it seems really sketchy and all that. my question is, what are the advantages to it? and if this version ends up not being the official one, then how difficult will it be to undo ot and reapply the better one? im assuming it will still require the same complicated and risky steps, which to me makes it more worth it to just wait and see how things play out. Is the radio update process found on xda really necessary to get a good froyo rom, or can i just wait until a process a little cleaner is released? or is it going to take a long time to reroot stock 2.2 (or will people even bother with that, idk see why it would be it any different than what happened with the droid where it used to be necessary to downgrade to 2.0 then root)

tweedies411

Reaction score
The radio update is not necessary to run the official froyo/froyo roms built from the newest leak. Many people have said to have their camcorder crash and something with gmail, but i have not experienced those problems. I'm currently running skyraider 2.0.1 which you can find on rom manager

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The radio update is not necessary to run the official froyo/froyo roms built from the newest leak. Many people have said to have their camcorder crash and something with gmail, but i have not experienced those problems. I'm currently running skyraider 2.0.1 which you can find on rom manager

Ummmm. No that is some wrong info. To do the leak Froyo w/sense you do need to update the radio.

tweedies411

Reaction score
ummm, its not wrong info, here's a screenshot of my incredible.

8f5da375.png

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes you can use your rom without it but the offical leak it is required.

[ROM]Leaked Stock 2.2 with Sense [LEAKED ROM - SOME BUGS!!] - xda-developers

The skyraider dev even says after ota radio only..
[ROM] Sky Raider 2.0 [Everything Working & De-odexed!!!] UPDATED: 07/28/2010 - xda-developers

FULL WIPE v2.0.1 - POST OTA RADIO ONLY
This is a full wipe and available through ROM Manager. It is required that you already have the leaked OTA radio installed. Everything works in this build and it is fully deodexed like the previous builds so enjoy! *UPDATE: Includes fixes (see changelog)

OP
S

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
other than the risk, are there any possible negative associations with updating to 2.x baseband?